Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sweden
maemo55
Re: Strange problem playing videofiles on my n900.
man

is every things ok without install extra decoder ?
I have not installed the extra decoders this time. But I have tried it and that didn't work either, then re flashed the phone again and the eMMC.

test your video files with install mplayer and km player from repository

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
The only time I got the "video format not supported" error was when playing an mp4 video with very high video bitrate (over 1500).

Impossible as it may seem check out the pre-update recorded vids properties and compare them to the ones you can playback.

Another idea would be to move the vids to another folder or rename them.

sorry for post again

man .

format your 32 giga with pc

and only copy 1 video and test again

only copy 1 video from pc to your 32 gig

ok ?

and test again

twigleaf1976
I get the same thing. To me it is also related to 'pausing' as well, if I pause a video file (All formats) it hangs, then tells me it doesn't support the file format (Though it did prior to pausing) Once one file has crashed they all become 'unsupported'. Rebooting resolves everything until I 'pause' or play a 'home taken' video.

I am yet to find a decent replacement player though.

In the meantime I just don't play video files anymore and add it to the list of reasons to hate the phone.
I love my phone, this is the best smart phone I have seen on the market. I haven't found another smart phone that is as flexible and hackable as the n900 yet. If i had I would simply upgrade. So I hope the good people here can help me and others with this problem.

If your phone work video and all, what configuration do you use? (firmware and what not)

maemo55
format your 32 giga with pc

and only copy 1 video and test again

only copy 1 video from pc to your 32 gig

ok ?

and test again
Tried that

zifis
The only time I got the "video format not supported" error was when playing an mp4 video with very high video bitrate (over 1500).

Impossible as it may seem check out the pre-update recorded vids properties and compare them to the ones you can playback.

Another idea would be to move the vids to another folder or rename them.
Tried that too

maemo55
test your video files with install mplayer and km player from repository
Other people tried that (with earlier firmware i think) I haven't tried that yet, but i REALLY want the standard media player to work, but I will try it and report. It could be a temporary work around until someone finds the bug.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
What if something you have installed or moded interferes with the CPU or voltage that media player needs to playback properly?

Originally Posted by zifis View Post
What if something you have installed or moded interferes with the CPU or voltage that media player needs to playback properly?
I'm fooling around with it as we speak and I think that it maybe have something to do with the under voltage settings in the power kernel ideal config. I'm tying to find out what the are original. Looking into how to change them and see if that helps.