Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Love, would gladly sign on. But can't see it happening.

i would certainly purchase it

esp is at&t 3g becomes supported along with even 4g

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
With the news that Nokia might possibly do something, that they may have possibly planned to do before the news that they may do it came out, we should probably panic over one possibility which is probably no less likely that it was before the news came out...

But seriously, I really don't expect N900 improvements. I think we're going to have to learn to mod hardware and stock up on extra N900s, if we expect to get better hardware.

Meh. If I can afford unlimited 3G I'm setting up a Beowulf cluster from my old desktop computers I've been gathering for the purpose, and running the really processor-intensive stuff that way.

In the unlikely event this happened though, I'm not buying a capacitive screen device unless I have to, or capacitive technology suddenly starts being able to 'feel' even non-conductive surfaces through some quantum-mechanical electron-cloud voodoo. If someone went with multitouch resistive, on the other hand...

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Why the **** cant apple andriod nokia samsung all the big names just put their heads together and make one kick *** device the whole world would buy! now that would be somthing

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
everybody is talking like unlimited 3g cost hundreds of (wichewer money you are using).. i have unlimited 3G (1MB/s) and it costs 9,90€ per month if i want i can upgrade it to 16MB/s mobile broadband witch will cost 39€ per monthbut i really dont need that kind of speed for my n900.
bit offtopic, sry

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KetkuFIN For This Useful Post:
future scenario (allow me to dream a little): nokia abandons meego, releases all Maemo5 and Meego sources to the world (yes, including the closed sourced drivers, apps, etc), community picks it up and develops Maemo6, Maemo7 etc! woohoo!

*falls back down to reality*

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Originally Posted by droll View Post
future scenario (allow me to dream a little): nokia abandons meego, releases all Maemo5 and Meego sources to the world (yes, including the closed sourced drivers, apps, etc), community picks it up and develops Maemo6, Maemo7 etc! woohoo!

*falls back down to reality*
Il get right on it, whats the Nokia Phone number i will seriously call them now and even record the call with the n900 i wanna ask what their problem is and why they leave us hanging

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by KetkuFIN View Post
everybody is talking like unlimited 3g cost hundreds of (wichewer money you are using).. i have unlimited 3G (1MB/s) and it costs 9,90€ per month if i want i can upgrade it to 16MB/s mobile broadband witch will cost 39€ per monthbut i really dont need that kind of speed for my n900.
bit offtopic, sry
For the kind of internet usage I regularly use, I would prefer the faster one by far. However, I get what you're saying. That said, I'm in the US. Carriers rape us here. I suppose something very basic would cost 10$ here, so about 9€, but it would definitely not be unlimited. Also, I want my own IPv6 address. Which means I have to get T-Mobile's unlimited 3G plan to sign up for the IPv6 beta.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
I know this is probably a silly suggestion, but, anyone think it might be worthwhile putting together a petition to beg Nokia to release a rev. 2 of the n900?
Online petitions are free to make.

It's beneficial for us to 'vent' and to show our numbers.

It may be interesting to Nokia's to get some real numbers of these kind of public interests.

So yeah, this should be a no brainer 'Yes, it's worthwhile.'.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I'd be content if they openned up the hardware so we could run maemo/meego on any Nokia phone.... Theres no sane reason on the planet that maemo couldnt run on the N8 for example - the hardware is not hugely or even significantly different.

Tags
nokia n9, webos