Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
So which one do i download, Point me to the right direction please !!

Originally Posted by danx View Post
So which one do i download, Point me to the right direction please !!
You need to enable the extras-devel repositories (see the wiki), and then install smsbomb.

Originally Posted by DaReaper View Post
I got this installed

I did changed the permissions to chmod 4555 /usr/bin/pnatd using root.

And ran the app . the app runs , but it dosent send the message using SIM .

i'm doing this from India using Airtel 3G

i'm using the +91 and the number

it says stop(1 of 4 ) < looks like the app is trying to send , but it just wont .
Do you have smssend installed (it is listed as a dependency, so it should have installed automatically). Try running smssend in terminal, and make sure it is.

Can you launch this program from the command line, and let me know what it says when you try to send messages? It is possible that this is an issue with smssend (you could also try sending a message directly using smssend, and let me know if that works).

I don't have an unlimited texting plan (I use google voice), so I haven't done much testing of the SIM option. Has anyone else had success?

EDIT: Make sure you have 0.2.0-5 installed. There were some builds before that that didn't work. Update your catalogs, and then upgrade your applications.

Last edited by xur17; 2011-02-10 at 17:17.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
damn, only have 1000/month free sms. Need a new deal.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
damn, only have 1000/month free sms. Need a new deal.
Most carriers support email based sms sending, which I am looking into adding.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Most carriers support email based sms sending, which I am looking into adding.
that would be great we are waiting for another bomb!!!!!

lol this was my idea. Im glad my post about this bug wasnt ignored.

i would quite like to get involved in the development if you want any help like with testing or what not.

im from uk so can test on vodafone for u.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46494

Last edited by jamie721; 2011-02-10 at 17:49.

Originally Posted by dchky View Post
No, it isn't. There's nothing to research. The technology is already well understood. We all have enough sense to comprehend the predominant reaction when receiving a whole truck load of unsolicited text / email / junk mail / whatever. It ain't cool.

I don't want to sound like the old guy that yells "Get off my lawn" but you know as well as I that this application was created to cause irritation.

With just a few tweaks it can also be made to send spam to a whole range of numbers, not just a single recipient. While it's simplistic to script up a repeating text message, actually doing so and then giving it to the masses is perhaps not a good idea.
I sort of expected some people to react like this. I think you are blowing this out of proportion. It would be easier to write a new script to send out spam (eg: a simple bash script attached to smssend). And yes, some people are going to use this to annoy other people, but all other major cell phones have similar programs, and it obviously hasn't become a problem.

If anyone started spamming whole groups of numbers, I can almost guarantee that they would get in trouble with their carrier. This program doesn't do anything ground breaking, it just puts a pretty gui over something 5 lines in a bash script could accomplish (much like the aircrack guis do).

An interesting feature would be to send class0 SMS (or flash SMS)
With recent phones, the phone displays the text as a pop-up, without saving it nor showing the sender. On older phones the message is showed normally.
This is how it look on the iphone:
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9259/imagedc.jpg

It also works on N900 (A member showed a screenshot of a received message and it is displayed on pop-up too, I don't have that post)

The question is does the telephony stack on N900 allow to send class0 sms without heavily hack it ?

Edit: found the thread, it seem that the N900 displays sender and date:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52963

Last edited by Megaltariak; 2011-02-10 at 17:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Can you add contacts access? So we don't have to type the number every time using.

I'm German and i got unlimited SMS per month, i would help you testing if you want, also have other phones so i can "spam" myself while testing without annoy s.o. else^^

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raetzer For This Useful Post: