Originally Posted by racky View Post
Don't be silly, it is not going to happen at all, unless Intel find a new cell phone partner to support this new system. Otherwise it is going to be a dead project soon, IMO.
Looking at the OS disk images that are being published weekly at meego.com, I see that there are several which are meant to run on a medfield phone. (In fact, the GUI won't even start without medfield hardware.)

So -- Intel does in fact have a hardware partner, since they at least have phone hardware with which they're testing meego.

However, whether or not these phones will ever reach consumers -- that we do not know.

Originally Posted by neocortex View Post
Hello ALL!
Recently, I bought N900 and I really think it is the best phone I've ever had. However, I am a bit confused with this Maemo -> MeeGo migration. Should we go for MeeGo? And when?
Please, elaborate and help us, inexperienced...

Best,
PM
1. Yes, we should. MeeGo is a better, saner and more user-friendly design than Maemo in all respects.

2. When all the basic MeeGo handset apps are ready and Intel's medfield phones reach consumers. (At this moment I don't see MeeGo on ARM hardware. MeeGo seems to be tested on Intel phones right now; the only ARM images are for the N900, and the N900 is already deprecated.)

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
Looking at the OS disk images that are being published weekly at meego.com, I see that there are several which are meant to run on a medfield phone. (In fact, the GUI won't even start without medfield hardware.)

So -- Intel does in fact have a hardware partner, since they at least have phone hardware with which they're testing meego.

However, whether or not these phones will ever reach consumers -- that we do not know.
http://www.aavamobile.com/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/07/a...its-the-wilds/
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Those are 'moorestown' phones.

Intel dropped 'moorestown' and has now moved on to the next-generation 'medfield'. (The disk images from meego.com are now also for 'medfield', not 'moorestown' like they used to be some time ago.)

Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
Those are 'moorestown' phones.

Intel dropped 'moorestown' and has now moved on to the next-generation 'medfield'. (The disk images from meego.com are now also for 'medfield', not 'moorestown' like they used to be some time ago.)
Symantics. Aava makes OEM/Dev stage units, so they actually keep up with the chips, medfield, or what not; and the engadget link seemed to be more of an example of a non-Nokia phone.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ San Jose CA, USA
Originally Posted by neocortex View Post
Hello ALL!
Recently, I bought N900 and I really think it is the best phone I've ever had. However, I am a bit confused with this Maemo -> MeeGo migration. Should we go for MeeGo? And when?
Please, elaborate and help us, inexperienced...

Best,
PM
Here is the official answer for now:
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/DeveloperEdition
http://www.nokiausers.net/MeeGo/MeeG...-by-Nokia.html

Last edited by stefanov; 2011-03-05 at 07:43. Reason: Here is another link

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Code:
while n900_is_not_broken == True:
    while you_don't_know_what_meego_is == True or \
        stskeeps_says_meego_is_ready_for_daily_use == False:
        keep_happily_using_maemo5()
    try_meego()
lol++;

(10 chars)

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Get your head out of your bottom(a/ss) and you might see it
DUUUHHHHHHHH oh dear where was your sense of humour when it was dished out !.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
DUUUHHHHHHHH oh dear where was your sense of humour when it was dished out !.
I think you mean:

DUUUHHHHHHHH, oh dear, where were you when sense of humour was being dished out.

Tags
if you are dumb, migrate to bada