Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by n-mi View Post
Hi,

Do you have plans to add translations to maeFat ? If so, I could do a french translation (my gf has a N900 too but doesn't read english, and this app would be interesting for her).
I'd certainly be interested in trying to "internationalize" the app. I had better fix the bugs that others have pointed out first, so that I have a solid app that's worth translating. I've never internationalized a program before, and this one is so simple it might be a good one to start with. Je parle un tres petit peu de francais, so I might be able to make a start on a french version (which a real french speaker will no doubt find laughable).

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Normandy, France
OK, your priority in fixing first the bugs is well understandable.

When you start internationalizing your app, if you need some help to write/correct french translation, don't hesitate to send me a private message.

The Following User Says Thank You to n-mi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Nice and useful app.

I have a feature request: would it be possible to track also the circumference of the belly? I find this value to be a useful tool.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Nice and useful app.

I have a feature request: would it be possible to track also the circumference of the belly? I find this value to be a useful tool.
I will add that as an option.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
I have a bug in mine, often the data entries get changed, I enetered a weight today of 78.2 and it shows now 78,0 and this is often, I keep having to delete an re enter weights

also what is and why is there 2 colonnes blue and yellow in the log window

The Following User Says Thank You to minty95 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minty95 View Post
I have a bug in mine, often the data entries get changed, I enetered a weight today of 78.2 and it shows now 78,0 and this is often, I keep having to delete an re enter weights

I'm sorry, the first version I pushed into Extras-Devel was very buggy. I should have tested it more exhaustively before suggesting that anyone else try it. I will upload a new version soon, with all reported bugs corrected, and some new features added. I believe the problem you are seeing with the weights being rounded off is related to the use of a coma being used for a decimal separator (pi = 3,1415 ...) rather than a period (pi = 3.1415 ...). I'll have that issue fixed in the next version. Thanks for the bug report.

Originally Posted by minty95 View Post
I
The green values in the log window are the data values that you enterred. The yellow values are the trend values calculated for those days.

I've uploaded a new version of maeFat. It has many bugs fixed, and now will estimate when you will reach your weight goal. One change is bound to cause confusion, I'm afraid. The logic on the data entry page has been changed. There used to be a button allowing you to exit that page without entering a new data point. The data point was entered if you exited the page with the curved arrow on the upper right of the page. Now, there is a button to push if you want the data entered. If you use the arrow in the upper right to exit, the data is NOT entered. This change was made at the suggestion of another user. I'm sorry for the confusing change, but this logic does seem more natural.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
I believe the problem with floats being rounded when the device regional settings use a comma as the decimal separator has been fixed. Since that was the last show-stopper bug I knew about, I have promoted the package (version 1.5.0-1) to Extras-Testing.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
hi, love this app!

but i have a simple request, i'm trying to gain weight, and the trend tool shows colours fine (yellow for moderately underweight) but for everything else it says weightgain is bad, and i'm eating too many calories.

i hope it's not too difficult, but could you implement a "gain" or "lose" switch?
would make this app less demoralising/confusing for those trying to gain weight :P

oh, and the method for seeing your log is very confusing. would you be able to implement a "see log" button underneath your selected month rather then having to press the back button?
(in people's minds, that should take them back to the homescreen)

thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to optimaxxx For This Useful Post:

Tags
maefat