Notices

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
THIS wud be sweet on the n900 cause its a mobile chat client (e.g. bbm, ping, bite etc) the others chat clients we already have are desktop ones... Btw not everyone uses N900's most other phones lack the app free integrated chatting that the n900 has, live profile is also cross platform +1 thats why we need a mobile chat client... hope i made sense peace out

Last edited by mohi2k7; 2011-04-26 at 21:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to mohi2k7 For This Useful Post:
If i had the skills to program i would have a go...but allas i dont haha. Probably not the 1st time a topic like this has sprung up begging developers haha

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
No takers??? c'mon guys!!! this LiveProfile is huge!! The app was just recently launched and already has over 1 million users, surely we can't let this one pass us by

Originally Posted by Crash View Post
An ex-BlackBerry (now Android) friend of mine recently introduced me to LiveProfile (http://www.liveprofile.com/) which is a nice BBM style messenger (it even goes so far as to assign PINs). The application is currently available for Android and iOS, but here is the response I received when inquiring about OS expansion (Maemo, MeeGo, and Symbian):

"We are working on supporting these operating systems soon. We are a bit backed up so we don't have any exact ETA yet. If you know of any Symbian developers be sure to send them our way "

So, that bares the question... Anyone with an understanding of Qt want to contact them?
How did you contact them?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Instead of just demanding it here ((open source) clone from scratch would probably be too much work for anybody), why don't you go and try to get original developer make a qt version (and after that maybe a maemo version) of the program in here:
http://getsatisfaction.com/liveprofi...eego_maemo_wp7.

this would be a good app since the majority of people I know do use blackberries or android and there all too stubborn to sign into there msn. I know theres msn and its all a hype but if i need to talk to people and there not there I may as well move. so this app would be great

Requesting the same thing! The only reason I'm using android on my n900 is this app, and since nitdroid is still quite buggy, it's not that handy

Liveprofile is currently developing a version for symbian and meego according to their website

The Following User Says Thank You to carlon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
Liveprofile is currently developing a version for symbian and meego according to their website
I just checked. On the forum, I only find responses that they are making it for symbian, but nothing in maemo/meego?

These are some of the tweets from their official twitter page;

LiveProfile for Nokia phones coming very soon / LiveProfile para los teléfonos Nokia vienen muy pronto

RT If you would like to see LiveProfile for Nokia phones! Both Symbian and Meego platforms