thank you zlakto! you were right!! everything is back to normal...just as i bought it..thank you everyone else...the RnD mode made it look like there was a problem with the device...but now...its ok. Thank you very much.

but no thankx to the person who said i should use the factory reset button...you shouldnt say anything if you are not sure of it...you are killing the reason why a forum like this was built!

now i should be able to help others that come accross a similar problem.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ojiprince View Post
thank you zlakto! you were right!! everything is back to normal...just as i bought it..thank you everyone else...the RnD mode made it look like there was a problem with the device...but now...its ok. Thank you very much.

but no thankx to the person who said i should use the factory reset button...you shouldnt say anything if you are not sure of it...you are killing the reason why a forum like this was built!

If you are referring to me then you need to know i did not tell you to restore to factory settings, that restore would have taken you back to a working last known state.

What YOU did took it back to factory settings if you were able to re-flash both images.

Please do try to understand your device more.

Question is: where did you get the information about R&D mode?

Maybe we should put a big "DO NOT USE THIS" sign there?

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Why don't you take it to warranty repair? A 3 months old N900 should still be under warranty.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Why don't you take it to warranty repair? A 3 months old N900 should still be under warranty.
Software glitches and the inability to deal with it are normally brought on by user error and do not come under warranty repair.

this is normal. you're in R&D mode
run flasher with --disable-rd-mode and you should be fine

edit: whoops, sorry. i should know better than to skip down to quick reply and post my genius solutions when the problem's been resolved :/

The Following User Says Thank You to Char For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
this is normal. you're in R&D mode
run flasher with --disable-rd-mode and you should be fine

edit: whoops, sorry. i should know better than to skip down to quick reply and post my genius solutions when the problem's been resolved :/
LOL don't worry we all do that.

@ abill_uk....pressing the restore button will by no means undo that error. It was just a mistaken step which i took from the nokia disscussion forums...
that person was very wrong to tell ppl to switch to r&d mode without remembering to tell them to switch back....

well we should put a big sign there saying "do not switch to r&d mode" for it is totally insignificant to your devices recovery...

cos really the phone just performed as if it was damaged..
well as for the information, i got it from the "flasher documentation" it is a link so you can click on it too. it contains commands for the hardware config.
and as for my warranty; i say again that my phone was ordered from th US. i am in east europe...it will take ages to send it forth and back.
thank you all, i should have joined this forum months ago.

Good to know you got it working again.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
yes you must be right...i just never knew how to take it out of r and d mode to normal boot...it works but it always displays the green text and the flashmode logo...everytime i reboot...
cos i just flashed it and nothing happened. its still the same...
flasher-3.5 --disable-rd-mode

Oops missed the last page l