Active Topics

Poll: Do you agree to recommend to talk.maemo.org admins that abill_uk should be permanently banned?
Poll Options
Do you agree to recommend to talk.maemo.org admins that abill_uk should be permanently banned?

Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Vote YES !.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Wish granted its not looking too good for you now abill

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@abill: I suggest you do a deep personal reflection and analyze why it has come to this point than to just immediately lash out with the first emotion/thing that comes through your mind and dig a deeper hole...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
If only you did as much work on MeeGo it would get somewhere !.
And this is his first reply. Do we even need a poll?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
this is an extremely silly request - every user has their OWN ignore button - if they want to ignore abill - they can. He says negative **** but if ppl dont want to hear it they can ignore him. Who are YOU to make this decision for them ?

I have seen ppl post links to pirate games here. Vi even posted code posing as help that got 1 newb's phone wiped. Both of these are FAR worse offences and I dont see you asking for these guys to be banned.

Not to mention he can always create a new account or use a proxy if he is persistent enough - your request does not solve the problem - it is useless.

I cant believe people here are so thin skinned.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
heheh i am wondering if people living around him in real life would like to do same thing over there as well:P
i am nobody on this forum but i have already saw examples of his post that have convinced me to vote yes

The Following User Says Thank You to maniu For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
All you seem to do on here Carsten is bash Maemo and tell everyone how wonderfull MeeGo is and why devs should join MeeGo and not develop for Maemo !.

I on the other hand tried my best to further Maemo and you just hate the fact that it could even be a possibility.

My Poll for Maemo has clearly made you angry because you came straight in with MeeGo on that very poll and started telling people how good it is etc.

This is totally bizzare that a man of your standing as a MeeGo head is trying to oust someone from Maemo.org who is doing his best to further Maemo, now dont you think that is ironic????.

I do not know what qgil seen in you but when he finds out about this he will not think of you as the same i am sure !.

I will give you some advice and that is move your self on MeeGo because many many people have posted how dissapointed they are with it and if this carries on you will probably find yourself out of a job !.

I do think in my honest opinion you are not the man for the job on the MeeGo/N900 work and you should pass it on to a better developer who can carry things along a lot faster.

I do not lose anything even if i am banned and i can follow up on this anytime anywhere i wish WITHOUT your consent so try to understand what you are doing right now and think of the consequences ok!.

I have been around a lot longer than you and quite frankly i have seen far far better developers than your work on Meego.

None of this post is in any way swearing or demeanfull to anyone not even you as it states my opinion without bad language.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-05-28 at 15:21.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
this is an extremely silly request - every user has their OWN ignore button - if they want to ignore abill - they can. He says negative **** but if ppl dont want to hear it they can ignore him. Who are YOU to make this decision for them ?
I've ignored him in the past, but just because you ignore people's behaviour their effect is still visible to the rest of the community. On IRC, as a operator, I rarely ignore as the next step from an ignore by an operator is other community members complaining about the ignored person's behaviour.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Wrong conceptual proposition - this forum is for a certain purpose, and as soon as people start leaving rather than bothering about "ignore" there's definitely something to be done about it.
I have seen ppl post links to pirate games here. Vi even posted code posing as help that got 1 newb's phone wiped. Both of these are FAR worse offences and I dont see you asking for these guys to be banned.
Those are "automatically" banned according to the general rules of this forum which you're supposed to have read them. So no need for any "asking to ban" in those cases.

/jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Tbh I didn't know this guy byt he seems to be a real nutcase so I voted yes. Sure there are ignore features but those of us that are new around here shouldn't have to go through that trouble with the obvious ones.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Closed Thread