Notices

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
There are 2 different projects:
- Qt Sdk 1.1 http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/04/...-1-1-released/
- Nokia Qt SDK

Nokia Qt SDK should have been merged into Qt up till now as they stated once, but for now they are separated,still, so if you want to develop for mobile, you should download the Qt SDK.
Once you install it, you can find example mobile applications under the folders Demos and Examples as well as create your own ones.so hope you go well with this .

Last edited by prankster; 2011-08-14 at 14:18.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
i dont know anything about c++, can i be able to make application from QT..if i download the QT ?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
i dont know anything about c++, can i be able to make application from QT..if i download the QT ?
i guess topic explains itself in quite a simple manner .and yes ,you should be IF you think you care to read and follow the instructions ,do some googling and thats all .you got it .

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I'd recommend against editing the debian folder. It's an output folder.

The direction you actually want to edit is in <project>\qtc_packaging\debian_fremantle

I would also firmly suggest against creating the desktop file by hand. You can create it inside Qt Creator by going to the project settings, then the run configuration. Expand the create package and deploy to device sections and you'll find everything you need in there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Nice with new totorials but this guide seems to point how to use Qt Widget GUI who is deprecated and often bloated on handset.

new developer should learn qtquick/qt-components if you want to be compatible with meego and/or n9/n950 and n900CE.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Nice with new totorials but this guide seems to point how to use Qt Widget GUI who is deprecated and often bloated on handset.

new developer should learn qtquick/qt-components if you want to be compatible with meego and/or n9/n950 and n900CE.
there is almost every thing you need to develop anything on N900,regarding meego or maemo .it just depends how much you want to learn ,how much you want to give panic to yourself .And also to be a real good developer .you may choose whatever you want to do .

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

What? Bloated? Deprecated? What are you on about?

It's not deprecated at all. The best practises might point to QtQuick (as you say, for compatibility with Meego)...but QWidget is a better choice for the N900 anyway as all the newer stuff isn't properly supported.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
This tutorial explains How to develop for N900 and it includes Meego deployment on the device as well.You may do some work on your own .Use your head as well.As it has never been so easy to be a developer .It takes time .
If you own an N9 ,you may follow this guide line.http://doc.qt.nokia.com/sdk-1.1/crea...ing-maemo.html .But i believe whoever has a N9 ,will be already holding a developer degree .duh

Last edited by prankster; 2011-08-15 at 12:26.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
i must be missing something i've downloaded qt creator but when i go to file- new file or project and click on mobile Qt Application i only get up the symbian option/desktop and simulator not maemo. do i need to download anything more? sorry for noob question.

found an update called Maintain Qt SDK package manager which looks promising

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-08-15 at 15:50.

you probably have only installed the Nokia Qt SDK ,beside that you also need to install Qt SDK ,which lies here .http://qt.nokia.com/downloads
prefer Offline installation,as it has maemo tool features than the online one .or perhaps you will have to get it later on .
further guys if you want to work through Qt .precisely get some help from here .http://qt.nokia.com/learning/online/...ation-creation
video tutorial regarding making an application might be handy for ya .

Last edited by prankster; 2011-08-15 at 19:38.