It's great for consuming information (media, web, books, etc). Though it's fine for things like short posts and notes, in general, they aren't geared towards productivity. However, I much rather use my tablet for reading news and other things on my morning commute than my laptop.

Like others have mentioned, a laptop and/or netbook can do more. I'll use one whenever I need to type a lot, but it's all about the form factor. If you can part with the extra costs, having different devices to meet your needs at the time then go for it. For example, rather that take my n900 jogging, I much rather use a dedicated mp3 player for various reasons.

BTW, if you are always taking your n900 with you anyways, think about getting the WiFi-only version of the Xoom and just tethering it to the n900. You'll be limited by your n900's battery life, but you save about $200 on the initial cost on the Xoom plus your additional monthly data costs.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
All i want is a total device, and so far the N900 is doing well.

For me i just want a bigger screen and of course this means a bigger keyboard / more keys, would like a screen like the upcoming samsung galaxy S2 i9200, it has a 4.3 AMOLED with a RES of 1280 x 720!!!!
And the usual stuff like dual core CPU, 1GB ram etc... with a screen like that it has to play 720P

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2010/0...ecs-allegedly/

I don't want a separate laptop, mp3 or mp4/mp5 player, just all in one for me, and hereby no troubles with a BIG size 4.3 screen and about the thickness as mine with the mugen cover.

EDIT: Rumoured specs on the samsung.....

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
I have a similar mindset as you when it comes to mobile devices, i'm a all in one guy as well.
Does that samsung have a hardware keyboard? If it does it might be good future hardware target for meego ce or cordia.

Hello, did u try to tether xoom to Nokia in order to connect to internet, or you used a different way. I am trying to to connect xoom to internet with my n900. No success.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I got a Xoom. 1gb of RAM, dual core Tegra that can run solid at 1.6ghz, overclock the GPU even - Tiamat kernel and the Hammerhead ROM are wonderful - and I'm quite damn happy.

Waiting on Dolphin Tablet version to get where I can import from Dolphin HD my bookmarks - I am not paying for X-Marks - is a great thing to me.

As it stands, I'd just say do more research. I was able to get my Xoom for under $399 via coupons and looking around. One of my favorite purchases so far in the tablet world.

Originally Posted by mishania View Post
Hello, did u try to tether xoom to Nokia in order to connect to internet, or you used a different way. I am trying to to connect xoom to internet with my n900. No success.
Check out the Bluetooth PAN networking thread. Works fine except that after the Xoom 3.2 Honeycomb update, the Xoom doesn't seem to clean up it's dhcp client properly anymore. Until it gets fixed, the simple workaround is to reboot the Xoom between bluetooth tethers.

The Following User Says Thank You to jschan For This Useful Post:
FYI - I don't have access to my Xoom atm, but I read that the bluetooth clean up problem is gone in ICS (no need to reboot the Xoom between bluetooth tethers to the n900 anymore).