Poll: Do YOU want THIS?
Poll Options
Do YOU want THIS?

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
that events view is the most annoying to me who do not use facebook or twitter, hope it can be replaced by sms email calender, notification, etc contents

i also suggest that nokia allows us to disable the events view and hide multitasking view when it is empty.
Events view should have incoming emails, sms, calls etc. Afterall, these are also events!

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
A pull down events screen like Android which is out of the swipe cycle? This may be good too.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
One of you guys lodged this, mentioned it in another thread, but forgot to do so here:
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23

It focuses more on other areas of usability,* so maybe a separate enhancement report should be lodged?
Or at the very least comments should be added to this report...

Please subscribe to, comment on, & vote for, this bug report everyone.

*but also touched on in this thread IIRC

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-03 at 09:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I voted NO because I don't like the vote choices - instead of just YES and NO, it should be YES, NO, and OPTION, the last for those who would like it to be an option rather than forced on us one way or the other.

For reasons I've stated in the other thread on this, I actually like the present arrangement, but would prefer there be an option to keep both sets of people happy.

Last edited by noetus; 2012-01-03 at 11:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Wouldn't it make sense to be returned to the main app screen after closing the last active app? Going straight to an empty blank screen that you *have* to move away from seems like an oversight.

You have to appreciate the billion things the N9 devs had to work on though. Maybe this will come in a future update. It seems there are more important things to fix/tweak.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I wouldnt support removing either of the screens in any way. The only thing I support is in going to apps screen in case no more applications are open.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Voted yes. I agree it's pointless to show empty screen.

Now, isn't the lock screen kind of pointless too? It's currenty only showing events and audio controls. All events should be in events screen. I'd prefer going staight to events when returning from LPM.

Lock screen would make more sense if there were more shortcuts or widgets like the audio controls.

Empty task switcher annoying? Keep at least one task running all the time.

:trollface:

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Bucharest/Romania
i vote yes!