Active Topics

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
It's quite safe to assume, that its never coming to N9 officially. As phone is already on feature freeze and in maintenance mode and there is nobody left in house for doing bluetooth certification for 4.0 (which takes huge amount of resources).

Ofcourse someone might someday compile 4.0 Bluez themselves, and incept into the device as com.nokia.maemo.
Is it possible that our chip has been used in an Android device? Possible to use them drivers?

Or is the legality the issue here?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Is it possible that our chip has been used in an Android device? Possible to use them drivers?

Or is the legality the issue here?
I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
Lol

TBH Bluetooth 4 doesn't bother me, I mean I hardly do much via Bluetooth and most of my mates wouldn't care if it was faster or slower transferring pics or songs..

The low energy sounds cool but once again I just turn my bluetooth off when I don't use it, problem solved

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
And BLE in any case is not that "Low Energy", just ask the MetaWatch designers.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
As phone is already on feature freeze and in maintenance mode and there is nobody left in house for doing bluetooth certification for 4.0
You know this with absolute certainty how?
Last time I checked there was still a decent % of the original team left, don't know what is now, haven't asked for about 3mth.
Anyway this isn't about Nokia doing it, it's about a 3rd-party but affiliated research org. possibly doing it.

Ofcourse someone might someday compile 4.0 Bluez themselves, and incept into the device as com.nokia.maemo.
Tis possibly exactly what they're planning to do.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-20 at 09:07. Reason: typo

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I personally am most interested in watches.
So what about the Pebble, eh.
I am getting one and surely would be looking to try to hook that up to the N9.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's quite safe to assume, that its never coming to N9 officially. As phone is already on feature freeze and in maintenance mode and there is nobody left in house for doing bluetooth certification for 4.0 (which takes huge amount of resources).

Not sure how it may work or not work. Probably drivers needs update also and not just the bluez kernel modules and libraries. But at least the source is available to try to compile.
Have a few projects on my own that involves kernel recompile and new modules, might give it a shot. But expectations are low, and so is the priority

http://www.bluez.org/download/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
hmm guys, what about pbap support? that would come quite in handy with bluetooth.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by crnkoj View Post
hmm guys, what about pbap support? that would come quite in handy with bluetooth.
Same answer, not coming, unless you compile and integrate it yourself...
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Same answer, not coming, unless you compile and integrate it yourself...
Originally Posted by jalyst
You know this with absolute certainty how?
You dont know this with absolute certainty or you do, if the latter can you please elaborate?

Thank-you.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 21:16.