Posts: 20 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Russia
the battery charge through nokia 5228.начало problems:is installed kernel for power,for Qt Mobile Hotspot(all were on ura),ceased to work SPB TV(spb tv deleted),in Extras, Extras-Testing, Extras-Devel(through Faster Application Manager) not litter in what has found tv(on searching for) has installed(+ 12 programs with ney),did not understand in her,has deleted(deleted only 10(?)),cleaned up the tails(filebox)может spare has deleted,but all worked,was afterwards disconnected(through 2-4 hour)i all n900 dead body.

Last edited by Dryning; 2012-07-16 at 12:03.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Dryning View Post
the battery charge through nokia 5228.начало problems:is installed kernel for power,for Qt Mobile Hotspot(all were on ura),ceased to work SPB TV(spb tv deleted),in Extras, Extras-Testing, Extras-Devel(through Faster Application Manager) not litter in what has found tv(on searching for) has installed(+ 12 programs with ney),did not understand in her,has deleted(deleted only 10(?)),cleaned up the tails(filebox)может spare has deleted,but all worked,was afterwards disconnected(through 2-4 hour)i all n900 dead body.
Trying to clean up a bit (it would have been easier to read original language, before Google Translate twisted it?).

The battery has been charged through nokia 5228.
Start of the problems: installed kernel for power, for Qt Mobile Hotspot (everything was fine), uninstalled/deleted SPB TV, in Extras, Extras-Testing, Extras-Devel (through Faster Application Manager) not litter in what has found tv (on searching for) has installed (+ 12 programs with it), did not understand in it, has deleted(deleted only 10(?)), cleaned up the tails (filebox) maybe spare has deleted, but all worked, was afterwards disconnected (through 2-4 hour); and n900 dead body.

So: you installed "kernel for power" and "Qt Hotspot for Mobile", everything was fine, you uninstalled/deleted (through Faster Application Manager?) "SPB TV", then cleaned up "unneeded" apps which were required by "SPB TV" ("apt-get autoremove" might have worked nicely, instead of doing it manually?), everything still worked, then N900 was disconnected from something (WiFi? Internet? USB cable? Shut-down?), and could not be turned on anymore?

Could it be that you occasionally uninstalled some absolutely necessary package, related to battery charging, or is my suggestion absurd?

spbtv deleted did not work on the kernel for power, cleans for an unknown TV program and spbtv.probably deleted the wrong thing, delete folders, remote applications

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Saint-Petersburg, Russia
SD inside? Try to remove. SIM inside? Try without reboot. Alas it seems its end of homework.

Originally Posted by corbas View Post
SD inside? Try to remove. SIM inside? Try without reboot. Alas it seems its end of homework.
flash drive is not worth it, tried it with and without the sim, the result is 0, without rebooting, and tried to boot, the result is 0, may, with the p&d mode what to do

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Could you try the following commands (as root; I use "sudo gainroot" command) on N900 itself (I do them in X Terminal), while in "rd mode" (since it's the only way to have N900 working at all)?

apt-get update
(This command requires Internet available; if there is no Internet on N900 at this time, you can skip it and see what the second one says)

apt-get install mp-fremantle-generic-pr

In normal circumstances, it should tell you "mp-fremantle-generic-pr is already the newest version." It would mean that Maemo and all its essential packages are installed and up-to-date (as far as apt-get knows).

You can also try
apt-get check
to verify that there are no broken dependencies.

Could you specify a bit more about what folders you deleted?

rd mode:
"sudo gainroot"-not found
apt-get update-
E-could not open lock file /var/lib/art/lists/lock-open (3 Permission denied)
E:Unable to lock the list directory

apt-get install mp-fremantle-generic-pr-
E-could not open lock file /var/lib/art/dpkg/lock-open (13 Permission denied)
E:Unable to lock the administration directory(/var/lib/dpkg/),are you root?
apt-get check-
E-could not open lock file /var/lib/art/dpkg/lock-open (13 Permission denied)
E:Unable to lock the administration directory(/var/lib/dpkg/),are you root?

in rd mode: sim works, the Internet has
come-update
Maemo 5
put rootsh

Last edited by Dryning; 2012-07-16 at 14:34.

sudo gainroot-yes
apt-get update-yes
apt-get install mp-fremantle-generic-pr-
many letters
Do you want to continue (Y/n)?
apt-get check-
Reading package lists...Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state infomation...Done

Last edited by Dryning; 2012-07-16 at 14:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dryning For This Useful Post:
Quick reply...

I don't know how you start commands as root... without package providing "sudo gainroot". Do you remember your root password? I don't.
Edit: "sudo gainroot" works for you, good.

Anyhow, just check whether there are any broken dependencies and whether you have package "mp-fremantle-generic-pr" installed. I have not used a graphical user interface for managing apps in ages, but you know Faster Application Manager fairly well.
Edit: You have done that.

It may be pure insanity, but what about cold flashing? Cold flashing is rarely ever needed and not recommended for end users. It's meant only to recover from a defect or outdated NOLO bootloader.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Flasher
Edit: Forget about flasher for now.

Update:
Originally Posted by Dryning View Post
sudo gainroot-yes
apt-get update-yes
apt-get install mp-fremantle-generic-pr-many letters
Do you want to continue (Y/n)?
Yes, I want to continue. "mp-fremantle-generic-pr" is an essential package - Maemo itself. It has to be installed at all times, in my opinion, or everything might fall apart. This package guarantees that all basic necessities are installed and updated, from drivers to clock, camera, calendar, chess and everything else.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-07-16 at 14:53. Reason: Slow typing

sudo gainroot-yes
apt-get update-yes
apt-get install mp-fremantle-generic-pr-yes
apt-get check-
Reading package lists...Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state infomation...Done
what to do next?

All done restart, the whole battery, n900 rebooted itself, and again everything is the same, with released rd mode all without mutations both back to the rd, and what to do?

Last edited by Dryning; 2012-07-16 at 16:41.

Tags
help please., n900 dead