Active Topics

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
You can go to my thread for tips on the solder-down strengthening of USB port, this i gotta say apply's to many many phones.

link in my signature

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Thanx will look into it

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
i think the battery module is inaccurate mainly because when the n9 decides to shut itself off due to the fact that no battery charge remains, i can boot in nitdroid and use the phone for a good few hours...
that shouldn't be case as far as i know droid bme is built onto same techniques as harmattan's one...but i never tried this though

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Dr. Shoe View Post
I'm curious to hear what the Nokia Care center had to say about your micro USB port. What they told me is that I didn't know how to put the cable in so it's broken beyond repair and it's my fault, cost estimate 699€ (new phone) and charged me 25€ for the cost estimate when I didn't agree to the proposal.

So I bought a 5€ soldering station, 2€ Torx 4 & 5 screwdrivers and the 3€ micro USB port and did it myself. Actually I just pretty much ripped it apart from every seam, threw a bunch of screws and cover plates away and physically abused it in every way imaginable, but it works now. Oh yeah, and I didn't really even (de)solder anything - just ripped it off in my nerd rage.

Be careful with your USB stuff, eventually it will lose all connectivity after repeated straightening with a pin.

Seriously ****ed up ****. Can't wait for the Jolla phones.
Haven't had a chance yet to take it in, for those that asked if I'm sure it's the USB that's faulty, yes it is. The pin inside is loose, I have too use a pin to push it straight before inserting the charger. Again, lately this phone doesn't mind taking the whole day to charge, like right now, woke up at 6:30am, noticed that I forgot to charge it before sleeping, then put in the charger, it's 09:00am now, it's only at 9%, really now???

Then the GPS issue that I reported last month: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85794

Tried using it yesterday as I was getting lost, the damn thing just kept jumping around wrong places, showing me moving streets that were miles away from me, then suddenly within a couple of minutes battery went from 80% to less that 10% and went into power save mode. I ended up using the GPS directions manually to see where the place is, headed there without the tracker. Restarted the phone hoping the battery would refill, nothing, had to take off my headset and stopped the music. Frustrating. I'm not an Android fan but I once used my friend's Galaxy Note GPS when mine failed to track my location, same city, his worked flawlessly and fast, never been so pissed! Maybe it's about time I try Flashing the damn thing.,

Went to Nokia SA today, what a waste of time, I think I'll try fix it myself. When I was there I had a chance to play with a Lumia 900, I honestly didn't like it at all... It made me appreciate my N9 even more, I took Beats Studio on display and plugged them on my N9...... Never had such quality sound on headsets before, loved them, looking for Wireless Beats though!

Eventually it stopped charging completely as predicted took it in to my service provider for repairs. They said 1 week waiting period , a week without my N9??? Stuck with a Droid Galaxy Y, Nooooo!!!

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
ah, damn.. Could be battery.. I had similar problems with N82 and N8.. But after replacing the battery, it works fine.

I didn't know N9 was officially released in RSA

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
ah, damn.. Could be battery.. I had similar problems with N82 and N8.. But after replacing the battery, it works fine.

I didn't know N9 was officially released in RSA
It was released the same time as the rest of the world....... We loving it! Been to RSA before?

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
nope, I just know a few people there back from Nokia 6600 days.. you know.. mig33 and MXit and all that xD

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke