Active Topics

Originally Posted by An9 View Post
Sounds like we are not the only ones with this problems...how can we fix fllashing problem, bcz i know thare was working well things with fw.1.3....001 region.
In this case, this would be sad... such a nice phone... I was hoping I could some basic apps... not more...

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
If you are using N9, just flash the global version then install the chinese dedicated apps such as weibo etc if you want. I do this on my N950. That's the easiest way. Changing repo may causing conflict between kernels, they use different ones after PR1.2.
You can perform this by yourself. If you know chinese you can try the dospy forum, they have detailed tutorials. Or you can try wiki page. PR1.3 is the best for hacks now. A lot of tweaks and Nitdroid only support PR1.3.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Hong Kong
To even visit a system directory like /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, I think you do need root privileges.

That said, you need to devel-su and rootme, and then perform the cd command.

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
You can perform this by yourself. If you know chinese you can try the dospy forum, they have detailed tutorials. Or you can try wiki page. PR1.3 is the best for hacks now. A lot of tweaks and Nitdroid only support PR1.3.
I did reading the dospy forums, tried but failed... maybe I have to look better...

Originally Posted by gunnsean View Post
To even visit a system directory like /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, I think you do need root privileges.

That said, you need to devel-su and rootme, and then perform the cd command.
I did, but with the command cd /apt I get 'permission denied'... ?
I don't get it...

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by kikujiro0208 View Post
I did, but with the command cd /apt I get 'permission denied'... ?
I don't get it...
I hope you really type "cd /etc" and not e.g. "/etc", as that would cause a 'permission denied' error (that's because you are asking to execute directory /etc, whatever that would mean).

Here is it an example. to be clear, I typed commands only after the '#' prompt:
Code:
~ # /etc
sh: /etc: Permission denied
~ # 
~ # cd /etc
/etc # cd apt
/etc/apt # cd sources.list.d
/etc/apt/sources.list.d #

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I hope you really type "cd /etc" and not e.g. "/etc", as that would cause a 'permission denied' error (that's because you are asking to execute directory /etc, whatever that would mean).

Here is it an example. to be clear, I typed commands only after the '#' prompt:
Code:
~ # /etc
sh: /etc: Permission denied
~ # 
~ # cd /etc
/etc # cd apt
/etc/apt # cd sources.list.d
/etc/apt/sources.list.d #
Hi minimos, I executed what u did and now I am in the sources.list.d directory. So what is my next step? Thank u for ur explanation, it makes a lot of sense...

Huray huray, I finally managed to install skype thanks to the deb-file that I got from thedead1440... (install through terminal... cd blabla... and dpkg -i blabla...)

A new problem arises... cannot get skype to work... my skype contacts are not listed... not able to be online... etc...

Anyone that has the same issues?...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by kikujiro0208 View Post
Huray huray, I finally managed to install skype thanks to the deb-file that I got from thedead1440... (install through terminal... cd blabla... and dpkg -i blabla...)

A new problem arises... cannot get skype to work... my skype contacts are not listed... not able to be online... etc...

Anyone that has the same issues?...
Try entering your full details on your desktop Skype...i.e Full name, date of birth...

Then delete the skype account from phone, reboot and add the account again...

hi thedead1440, thank u for ur advice. reinstalled skype into accounts. cannot change my status to online, it always says 'availablity offline'...