Active Topics

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ NY Metro Area, US
I'd post that to nokia-users mailing list too. Some folks from Nokia proper are watching it and maybe, just maybe, someone will move their arse and do something. UAE is a rich place with lots of disposable income and not a lot to do, in other words, good market!

that is a good idea . . . i will do that

but again until this thing gets done i would lose my mind i "need" my n800 i really use it for work . . .

after i post this thing in the nokia-users mailing list I'm gona kill my self

i even was thinking about getting a UMPC like OQO or something like that . . . but i like my nokia, and Linux until now dose not run on UMPC's "have to wait for Ubuntu"

every one knows I'm a noob in Linux "or just a normal user" but at least i don't have to suffer with Win-thing's virus stuff and unexplainable hanging freezing and lots of stuff like that

Oh Oh one more thing the UMPC is bigger that my N800 . . . so it really matters

thanks

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The reason you had to buy the N800 from the US, I gather, is that Nokia is not set up to provide sales or support in the UAE. So it's not surprising you are having trouble getting support there. I had similar problems getting things fixed in Russia that I bought in the US. Some companies provide addresses in some countries so you can act like a resident of, say, the US.

You need to contact Nokia the way a resident of the US would and have your N800 fixed and sent to, probably, a US address. That is the problem you accidentally created by circumventing Nokia's sales and support system.

Maybe someone at Nokia's international headquarters could come up with a better solution, if you can contact them.

when i got my nokia N800 from the us it was not available in the U.A.E . . . i understand that . . . and therefore i don't expect them to fix it.

but now that they do ?? hey come on . . . they have to fix it . . . why should i pay for DHL or someone and pay as much as i did for the N800 just to fix it . . . I'll just buy a new one

as i sid before "if you sell it . . . you have to fix it"

thanks

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
OK. So you have a Nokia N800 which is available for sale in the UAE, but Nokia can't repair it because they haven't got their act together.

That's pretty shameful (on Nokia's part) so at the very list they (Nokia) should offer you either a replacement or a full refund.

What options are they giving you to resolve this problem? "Nothing we can do" is not an acceptable response from Nokia now that they are selling the device in the UAE.

Or are they witholding any replacement/refund because you didn't buy it in the UAE (an excuse which I think is a cop out for a global brand).

I'm sure you have consumer protection and trading laws in the UAE, use them.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-08-18 at 17:56.

i went around . . i found a service center that told me the the filter I.C. is down and they need to change it . . . cool but they don't have the part.

any way . . . i got together with the official Nokia tester "very nice man" here in the U.A.E and he told me that he will see what he can do ??

lets see . . .

Note: going to give him the N800 tomorrow or the day after

from the last time i have posted ?? nothing i gave my unit and haa . .

even at this level of a very well connected person . . . nothing

i haven't heard any news about my N800 ??

i know i know . . . no spare parts

but I'm thinking till when ??