Thanks everyone for the interesting and some high aiming (eleseur) ideas . I used OMP long ago need to look at it again.

I would definitely want to get a BT stereo. I started doing something interesting (to me) with my N900. I installed Fuppes and started streaming music to my Nexus 4 over wifi and was even able to stream my music on N900 to my TV from Nexus 4 I was wondering if we can create a uPNP server from my N900 without wifi router or anyway to stream music to my Nexus 4 while in car? I don't know if it makes any sense but just asking.

I installed Modrana, I don't have any sim in my N900 was wondering if the Maps are reliable because the maps on Modrana website say they were updated in 2011.

Last edited by freddiemercury1; 2013-03-07 at 00:22. Reason: missed some words

you can set Modrana to use Google Maps from its settings.

kh

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
If you wanted to go all out as far as stereo quality, in a car, id say some kind of mini-itx/pico-it/ other super low power car pc's, and get a adequate ssd (vibrational issues with hd's i'd assume), and a decent usb dac.

Lightweight upnp media os, then upnp control it with a n900. Something i've been considering with an spare itx apu amd board, and a few hds at home. Then optical out to my ddx 320 digital amp, but a dac to analog source works just as good.

I'm even using a dc power supply (m4 atx) for my current home htpc, with a sla backup (but the sys pulls about 70w peak, not including my 4 bay with 4 tb 7200rpm's in it) But thats an a6 foxconn sys with 16gb ram, and a couple other small wattage loads (fans, ssd, usb, etc). The dc atx is really just a diy ups i can hook sla's/vrla lead acids up to with an ideal diode at the power supply sources, for brownouts and graceful shutdown of the storage hd's upon power failure.

An appropriate car pc Upnp playpack control device setup could run around 30w peak max with a ssd if you got the right hardware. Not too expensive as well, cept for the ssd. Still, i got mine at less than a dollar a gb at newegg, and they're goin down still.

If you wanted to go all out hifi car/home/etc low power audio playback controlled by the n900 of course, not everyone is as anal about their audio playback Hardware .

Just sayin for hifi car playback, a dedicated media playback cntl point, with a decent dac or digital amp, is not as expensive as it sounds. Especially with all these new low profile/power consumption/price boards out now.

I just want a phone/music player (pocketable) that kicks out digital 24 bit flacs, with a headphone dac/amp on a lipo. They're out there. but not cheap setups, yet.............

The Following User Says Thank You to eleseur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by freddiemercury1 View Post
I installed Modrana, I don't have any sim in my N900 was wondering if the Maps are reliable because the maps on Modrana website say they were updated in 2011.
IIRC there has been a new update over on the modRana thread.
Have a look over the last few pages.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

I do this all the time. Just took a 1300 mile road trip to Florida.

I use NAVIT and the built in Maps application (modified). Built in media player to a cassette deck (yes I have an old(er) vehicle. I also have WAZE now but I didn't at the time.

I could also take calls.

just don't forget to take the phone with you when you leave the vehicle.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I have tried using maps on N900 but stuck to google maps. I don't know why but I am comfortable with it Anywho N900 has become my main music player at home and in car. As per eleseur's advice i hope i could understand what you said but all i could figure out was that you are a perfectionist when it comes to audio! If you make any of the things you mentioned do post the guides and I will try to follow them