Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
Oh, ok. it shoudl work fine.

Can you post output of dmesg after a failed attempt?

EDIT: (Not all the output, it may be giganormous, just the few last line, ideally the 50'ish last lines.
Can't. It didn't work.

Also, after the reflash XTerminal is missing. I found a way to get into it, but after the launch I get "General Error" so I can't...

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Can't. It didn't work.

Also, after the reflash XTerminal is missing. I found a way to get into it, but after the launch I get "General Error" so I can't...
How the f*ck did this happen??
I can't understand your n900

The Following User Says Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
How the f*ck did this happen??
I can't understand your n900
Told you.

Told you.

I think that god is trolling you because you trolled AMD like this

The Following User Says Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
I think that god is trolling you because you trolled AMD like this
Ok, jokes are jokes, but let's not bring this back in this thread. I just want to know what can I try, because I am 100% sure that a solution is not available at the moment.

Now it won't even start. I plug in the charger, NOKIA appears on the screen but light (you can see it when there is light in room), the yellow led starts to flash, then vibrates, again NOKIA screen, and so on. I let it the whole night and when I woke up the same situation.

The weird thing is that when I decided to put it in the scrap parts box, it was functional (except the GSM chip), after 2 months, I try to start it up, no sound, no media playback. Now it's not even booting...

So why do you (and other users here) think that this happened?

Ok, jokes are jokes, but let's not bring this back in this thread. I just want to know what can I try, because I am 100% sure that a solution is not available at the moment.

Now it won't even start. I plug in the charger, NOKIA appears on the screen but light (you can see it when there is light in room), the yellow led starts to flash, then vibrates, again NOKIA screen, and so on. I let it the whole night and when I woke up the same situation.

The weird thing is that when I decided to put it in the scrap parts box, it was functional (except the GSM chip), after 2 months, I try to start it up, no sound, no media playback. Now it's not even booting...

So why do you (and other users here) think that this happened?
It is so strange....
The only thing that I could think is that you have done something when you opened it and soldered the usb, but again this is not something that you can say for sure...

BUT if it was a software problem, then a reflash should have solved that, right?

It is so strange....
The only thing that I could think is that you have done something when you opened it and soldered the usb, but again this is not something that you can say for sure...

BUT if it was a software problem, then a reflash should have solved that, right?
USB is not soldered by me. It's fixed down with epoxy.

USB is not soldered by me. It's fixed down with epoxy.
I remember that the usb was broken(or almost broken)... Right?
If yes you just glued with epoxy?

I remember that the usb was broken(or almost broken)... Right?
If yes you just glued with epoxy?
I have 2 N900. One with a broken USB and one with a broken GSM chip. I used the one with the broken GSM chip, and WORKING USB.

You know what's curious, that in that box I also have a 1994 phone, that the only thing broken about that is the battery pack, so if I plug it in the phone is working like charm (tested it). It seems like nowadays the phones are built just to break down and to be replaced.

I have 2 N900. One with a broken USB and one with a broken GSM chip. I used the one with the broken GSM chip, and WORKING USB.

You know what's curious, that in that box I also have a 1994 phone, that the only thing broken about that is the battery pack, so if I plug it in the phone is working like charm (tested it). It seems like nowadays the phones are built just to break down and to be replaced.
Everything is made like this (ps3 has ylod,360 has rrod etc.), but maybe they are not actually made like this, it is because we "push" them that destroy them...
You see, for example the "old" ps1 was not that fast as the ps3, so the electonic parts inside the ps1 will last longer compared with the one of the ps3(even if ps3 has some newer and better materials) and the reason is that the ps1 will not get "pushed" to work faster and faster as the ps3...

Now about your n900, I don't know why it acts like this... It is just strange because it was actually working and it was just left in the box without really work...

P.S: Do you have the n900 with the broken usb as well??
If yes, why don't you try to repair that one?