Active Topics

I'd *really* like a lighter background - I don't have the best of eyes, and this is easily the hardest forum I've tried to read - it puts me off from bothering quite often:-((

I'll be the odd duck. I like the current mobile style & use it even on my desktops. I whish more forums had a simple lightweight style like Itt's mobile style.

The only change I'd make is to add time/date to each post's header so I could see how old/dead a post is.

The Classic style gets rid of the.feckin ads at least. But wouldn't Firefox extensions be great in the micro-b browser so one could load adblock.

Yes, yes, I know micro-b is just the Gecko rendering engine and the full FX feature list probably requires a lot of functionality coded in the N800's common UI layer and there's other ways to stop page/page elements from loading but adblock's easy.

Something on the forum, while posting from an N800, causes the page to jump which has caused me to lose a number of reply posts in mid-flow. That's a real pain in the arse, I suspect it's the page refreshing with a new flash element for the Sky+ or Vodafone ads.

I think that it's probably time to abandon the site, I can't see the evidence of Nokia taking the slightest bit of notice or contribution & viewing it on my N800 isn't a pleasant experience for the forementioned random scrolling issues (of which I've suffered 6 or more just while typing this).

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Adblock is available for microb - I haven't tried it though, personally I want Flashblock

This site is independent of Nokia though - the lack of any NIT optimised style for this site isn't the fault of Nokia. The best bet would be to report this thread so that it is brought to the attention of Reggie (admin).

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Adblock is available for microb - I haven't tried it though, personally I want Flashblock
That's worth a try, thanks.

Is Reggie the recipient of the ad click thru wedgie? Can't blame him for that!

A much thinner, or non-existent, banner would be more appropriate for the top of the actual forum pages.

Enough of this for the weekend, goodnight!

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
I'd *really* like a lighter background - I don't have the best of eyes, and this is easily the hardest forum I've tried to read - it puts me off from bothering quite often:-((
Hear hear. I find the current color scheme too hard to read for any extended period of time.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
I'm all for a thinner banner. Would be a third less screen wasted at the top of each post. I only use classic theme since the mobile is to light and the default is to dark.
Originally Posted by vaiodon View Post
That's worth a try, thanks.

Is Reggie the recipient of the ad click thru wedgie? Can't blame him for that!

A much thinner, or non-existent, banner would be more appropriate for the top of the actual forum pages.

Enough of this for the weekend, goodnight!

Last edited by Tweak; 2007-09-14 at 00:19.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
Oh, BTW, just found this simple bookmarklet. It's an extra click each page, but it's more reusable than creating user stylesheets everywhere...

http://www.russellbeattie.com/blog/t...rs-bookmarklet

Just FYI, I've created a mobile-friendly interface to these forums here:

http://blog.yllus.com/itt/

A thread discussing the aforementioned website can be found here.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Nice idea, but I'm guessing the lack of support for my credentials means it's not possible to support "New Posts" functionality or to allow posting, which ultimately limits dramatically the appeal of your creation. It's OK for non-authenticated read-only users however.

Ultimately it's down to Reggie to create an Internet Tablet friendly theme for a forum which is dedicated to Internet Tablets - the lack of this theme after so long is somewhat staggering. Is this forum just a hobby...?