Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Like I said a few months ago, it was obvious that the split in the business was to restructure debt and write down losses.

Doubt they survive this, and honestly hope they don't. They've made such a miserably poor fist of almost everything. Perhaps someone else can do more with the assets (if they're sold or released) than they have proved able or capable of doing. Besides, it's bad for Linux and alt(mobile).OSes to have another failure - particularly one that hangs around for too long and sucks in more (naive) VC.
How can you dare to say this ...

Regarding "doing more with the assets" I think of Maemo/Meeg/Tizen - so far nobody could. In fact, Jolla has done the most of all.

That is why I hope they will make it.

Last edited by JoOppen; 2015-11-20 at 17:44.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
How can you dare to say this ...

Regarding "doing more with the assets" I think of Maemo/Meeg/Tizen - so far nobody could. In fact, Jolla has done the most of all.

That is why I hope they will make it.
Easy, it's been an extended farce and it's damaging to others trying now or those in future.

On the contrary, they've achieved practically nothing despite having an incredibly solid base to work from, both in terms of code and experience.

Management are most to blame, though there is obviously some collective culpability for their failures. The executive team were a bunch of idealistic lightweights who had absolutely no clue.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Easy, it's been an extended farce and it's damaging to others trying now or those in future.

On the contrary, they've achieved practically nothing despite having an incredibly solid base to work from, both in terms of code and experience.

Management are most to blame, though there is obviously some collective culpability for their failures. The executive team were a bunch of idealistic lightweights who had absolutely no clue.
So I would vote for bluefoot to rule Jolla or better the whole world. Obviously he is more intelligent than anybody else and the best manager in the world. Let me guess you are the leader of a really big and successful company?

Sorry that sounds all like being in the football stadium and someone behind you shouts: "run you lazy pig, don't be so lazy, you are to stupid to walk in a straight line" and when you turn around there stands a man weighing around 150 kg eating a fat burger and drinking a beer. The last time he played football was when he was 10 and his teacher forced him to do so...

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
So I would vote for bluefoot to rule Jolla or better the whole world. Obviously he is more intelligent than anybody else and the best manager in the world. Let me guess you are the leader of a really big and successful company?

Sorry that sounds all like being in the football stadium and someone behind you shouts: "run you lazy pig, don't be so lazy, you are to stupid to walk in a straight line" and when you turn around there stands a man weighing around 150 kg eating a fat burger and drinking a beer. The last time he played football was when he was 10 and his teacher forced him to do so...
You might have said that about my views of Jolla 18 months or 2 years ago (or longer if you knew me in private).

Now that the chickens have finally come home to roost?

LOL.

You might have said that about my views of Jolla 18 months or 2 years ago (or longer if you knew me in private).

LOL.
Nothing's changed in regards to you in those 18 months, you might've been a dog on the internet (noone can really tell), or a daltonist duck as you quack quack your thing all the time, even semi-tomi-ahonen pichlo was 'the most accurate forecaster on the internets' betting on a startup to not survive a year ago. Let me try: 'your startup probably has just enough money to live for another few months, you will likely fail, it's all mismanaged, executives are sheet, workers are useless, whole idea is cray cray man, I'm a CEO btw of my own 1-person company, so I should know, don't try'

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
As it turned out, bluefoot's quack quack turned up to be true. Whereas yours is taking a nose dive. Feel free to live on your cloud, the rest of us live in the real world.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
As it turned out, bluefoot's quack quack turned up to be true. Whereas yours is taking a nose dive. Feel free to live on your cloud, the rest of us live in the real world.
Sheeeit, the tomi ahonen who 'predicted' a startup will have financial problems, I predict water will be wet in a year from now, go pichlo-ahonen(add yellowfoot for vice-tomi, that ballot has chances)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Well it is not really difficult to predict a failure in the mobile sector. The chances that a startup can persist the allmighty Googles and Apples are quite low. Thinking about the failure of Nokia, Microsoft, blackberry ... Jolla has reached a lot more than most peaple have ever thought.

To be honest, wich manufacturer makes really profit with it's phones. Well the shepherd of course but all the others? Even Samsung has problems to generate profit. So you really worked wonders in predicting the failure of Jolla.

And what have you gained in predicting this. Obviously not much. It seems that we loose the only capable alternative to the Androids and IPhones. FirefoxOS and Ubuntu are still not a real alternative, bb10 is dying. So enjoy your small victory maybe that can outweigh the your loss, but I doubt.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

LOL.
I don't know anything of you. But of course I can say that, as long as you haven't proven that you have made it better than Jolla. Just show me your open source phone and the profits you make with them. I even will buy one of your open source phones immediatley when you show it to me. Even when it costs 1000€.

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2015-11-22 at 09:51.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Early Startup Challenges at Jolla | Marc Dillon

https://youtu.be/TIsvoCEabFw

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post: