Notices

Here is the changelog:

- possibility to manually pause a training
- added support for more map providers (OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, MapQuest, ...)
- added support for offline tiles (downloaded with external tools like jTileDownloader)
- only use GPS position (do not use wifi for positioning)
- added activity-specific and custom GPS measurement intervals (minimize battery usage for long activities)
- in replay view, added "press and hold" functionality for navigation
- new button design (thanks to Martin Andrén!)
- improved arrow in the map
- display training duration below distance in calendar view
- write GPS altitude values in GPX file
- display a warning when starting/resuming trainings without GPX signal
- enable/disable GPS from the training menu

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
This might be the hardest part what's new?

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Can't wait for those additions! MeeRun is gaining on Sports Tracker fast, and already surpasses it in some areas (lik accuracy).

Some things I would personally like to see added/expanded upon:
  • Landscape orientation (with lock) for those running with an armband. Right now, even the screensaver has to be read upside down while running, which is inconvenient. (And no, turning the phone upside down is impossible because of the AUX-port )
  • Speed displayed on the lockscreen. Right now I use Sports Tracker in dark theme mode and with screensaver disabled, which shows a lot more ad-hoc info while running. But actually, if MeeRun's screenlocker would just display the current speed (and maybe also average speed) next to the elapsed time and distance, then that would already be more than enough.
  • Maybe add the time&date automatically to the name while exporting. I have different running tracks and mostly name my trainings to the track I ran at that time. But after several weeks I would've ran all my tracks several times and they would carry that same name while being exported -> Confusion!
  • Auto-export or batch-export: Would make it a lot easier for heavy users, having to manually export every single workout can get tiring

Just those 4 things (even just the first 2) would make me ditch Sports Tracker without a second thought! Now I see myself using ST more than MeeRun, although the latter has a far better and more pleasing UI.

For completion: I'm using and comparing MeeRun&ST on an 808PV (Symbian).

Last edited by darkjeric; 2013-07-05 at 18:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to darkjeric For This Useful Post:
All those features are planned, next one will be changeable fields (for both main and lock screens).

Release 1.2.0 (for N9) passed the QA review, will be probably available before tonight Symbian release is done, will be uploaded today or tomorrow.

Originally Posted by darkjeric View Post
Can't wait for those additions! MeeRun is gaining on Sports Tracker fast, and already surpasses it in some areas (lik accuracy).

Some things I would personally like to see added/expanded upon:
  • Landscape orientation (with lock) for those running with an armband. Right now, even the screensaver has to be read upside down while running, which is inconvenient. (And no, turning the phone upside down is impossible because of the AUX-port )
  • Speed displayed on the lockscreen. Right now I use Sports Tracker in dark theme mode and with screensaver disabled, which shows a lot more ad-hoc info while running. But actually, if MeeRun's screenlocker would just display the current speed (and maybe also average speed) next to the elapsed time and distance, then that would already be more than enough.
  • Maybe add the time&date automatically to the name while exporting. I have different running tracks and mostly name my trainings to the track I ran at that time. But after several weeks I would've ran all my tracks several times and they would carry that same name while being exported -> Confusion!
  • Auto-export or batch-export: Would make it a lot easier for heavy users, having to manually export every single workout can get tiring

Just those 4 things (even just the first 2) would make me ditch Sports Tracker without a second thought! Now I see myself using ST more than MeeRun, although the latter has a far better and more pleasing UI.

For completion: I'm using and comparing MeeRun&ST on an 808PV (Symbian).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Just updated will try it very soon!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Just updated will try it very soon!!
Me too! I'm not even supposed to run today... I did a very long run yesterday, but wth every new version of MeeRun deserves a run on the day of its release

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Updated!
What people said above. Running just to try the app.

Usually, people don't run because they try apps. MeeRun tries to invert the trend, isn't it a nice mission?

Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Updated!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Updated!
There's also "driving" in the activity list

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
I have version 1.1.3 and get no update message at Store. When I go to MeeRun at Store it says it is version 1.2.0 and that I already have it installed so I can't get it

You are probably using one of the old items. Package has been uploaded for all ones but QA has only reviewed one item so far:

- 363791 (official item) has already the 1.2.0 version.
- 366068 and 357611 (old items): 1.2.0 release still pending...

Originally Posted by setter View Post
I have version 1.1.3 and get no update message at Store. When I go to MeeRun at Store it says it is version 1.2.0 and that I already have it installed so I can't get it

The Following User Says Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post: