Closed Thread
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
rulobeach,

skeiron.org/tablets-dev is the exact replica of tablets-dev.nokia.com so get whatever you want from there. Its posted on the notice on every page of this forum
thedead1440
Thank you very much for "reading for me" and also for the fast response!!

The Following User Says Thank You to rulobeach For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by j0zeph View Post
I have the following version :
RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

if you're interested http://dfiles.eu/files/4tp35uq3b
here's my image for the n900 I have

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Shropshire, UK
Firstly, I totally appreciate the time invested to keep this service running (to counter balance previous discussions in this thread).

As a novice, I must admit, I don't understand half the tech language being used here.

However, my attempts to install applications have been unsuccessful in the past few days. Can anyone help?
An install via the App manager fails without a message.
An apt-get install <appname> goes through normal process until a message

Failed to fetch ... repository.maemo.org/extras-develop/pool/free....
An apt-get update seems to go through lots of package libraries but then stumble on

followed by message of invalid signatures: KEYEXPIRED and a suggestion to run apt-get update again.

Is this a configuration issue on my N900. I've head it for 1 year and am really pleased with it.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
cookf,

First error could you confirm:

Failed to fetch ... repository.maemo.org/extras-develop/pool/free....
That's supposed to be extras-devel not -develop.

Secondly, the GPG errors are warnings not errors so you can ignore them.

I think I found the answer to my PGP related issue on

HTML Code:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle/Repositories#Issue_1_-_Expired_GPG_key
However, for a dummy, I do not quite understand whether there is a workaround at this moment in time and the impact this issue has. Does it mean, I can't download certain applications only or all?!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
cookf,

Like I mentioned earlier, its a warning no an error so it won't impact your ability to download/install anything. I'm not too sure about HAM but apt-get should not have any troubles even if it spews the GPG errors.

There is no fix out yet...

[QUOTE=thedead1440;1323133]cookf,

First error could you confirm:

That's supposed to be extras-devel not -develop.

Secondly, the GPG errors are warnings not errors so you can ignore them.[/QUOTE
Yes, sorry that is extras-develop. It all worked fine before.The message I get while installing is

Failed to fetch http://repository.meamo.org/extras-develop/pool/fremantle/free/a/<app name>.deb
followed by

Hash Sum mismatch
The apt-get update fails on

W: GPG error: https://downloads/maemo.nokia.com./ Relase: KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 13492249546 ....
and this message repeats a 3 times.

Warnings maybe, but nothing installs!

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Any news about hash sum mismatch? What's the progress?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
+1. I want ext4 support in kernel-power...

Ohhh , damn
I love my phone so much , I apreciate all your work very much too , but I can't get over this ... not too soon .
As of this year , I am starting anti-nokia campaign and I will not buy any nokia , and advise everyone to buy something else ( god knows there are better options out there ) .

I will keep my n900 untill the very end , and I will try to keep it running as much as I can , or it's hardware is capable of .

No man can tell me that nokia is worth it's money , since it's support for the "prototypes" of the N series were kicked out and left to die ... it's not what a serious brand does so I just fell like seeing them how the users give up on them and starts buying other brands just to let them feel the way they treated us .

I am proud of my phone , it's theyr build for sure but it's not theyr merit , not a single maemo / meego user would be proud of his phone if it weren't for this comunity . Not a single word about this phones would have appeared if it weren't for you hard workers who supported the entire existance of this terminals .

Not a single f**k will be given by me for the NOKIA brand from now on .

For all of you out there reading these lines ... "connecting people" is what they do , supporting them is not an option ...

Peace

The Following User Says Thank You to j0zeph For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
estelyureturn?, kindergarten!, migration, migration#1, piotr=estel_, stop feeding, the troll