Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
is that production unit mellie?
if this is production unit then its clear nokia didn't address this issue as someone said before.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
After worrying every time when I disconnected my charger it would be the last I went and bought a new charger today and grinded it down. I also had a spare CA-101 usb cable which I also grinded down.

In the first picture is both my CA-101's. Notice the one on the right, the hooks are a lot higher than the one that came with the phone. I didn't even attempt to put this one in the phone out of fear that it would rip out the port -

This could serve as a warning for people that use other CA-101's with their phone, make sure it's not as jagged as this one.

My spare from a different angle -

After grinding -

And finally this is an after shot of my new charger that I grinded down after testing that it worked of course .

Both the charger and usb cable work fine and they glide easily in and out of the port with very little resistance. Now I can relax!

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Magel282 For This Useful Post:
lol wow look at that jack it must feel painful for the n900 when being pull out several times a day (due to poor bat life) hahah

good job magel, i done my charger cable yesterday almost identical way as you did and today I done all of my other cables, usb x2, car charger.
took me less then 2min and i can sleep better now

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Out of interest, what tools are you using to grind it down like that?

i used angle grinder, you got to have sturdy hands or get someone to hold it for you while you put the plug to it.
make sure to use safty gear

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Croc For This Useful Post:
I got this device on the 14th and it is surely not a development/pre-production model. I will look if i can find my box to check when it was produced...

If only i would have known about this grinding possibility before this

happened to my N900

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Right now I'm starting to get bit nervous.

Originally Posted by mellie View Post
I got this device on the 14th and it is surely not a development/pre-production model. I will look if i can find my box to check when it was produced...
if you find the box can you please post production week
it should be under odd looking phone symbol (to the right of all barcodes) and it will show something like 47/2009 (47 being the week of production)

tia

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty