Active Topics

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
brando have a 4400mAh battery pack which would be good for this; in an ideal world the battery pack would be the same width as the nokia and (say) 80% of the height so it'd tuck underneath nicely.

I heard from a contact at a significant ISP in the UK, previously unconnected with wimax, that they have been considering their position in the market, so I am hoping that wimax will come to the UK sooner than later.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
I heard from a contact at a significant ISP in the UK, previously unconnected with wimax, that they have been considering their position in the market, so I am hoping that wimax will come to the UK sooner than later.
in UK the wimax is on 3.5 GHz. you will need to wait for a two or three band wimax N8xx... The N810W is for 2.5GHz

Originally Posted by luso View Post
in UK the wimax is on 3.5 GHz. you will need to wait for a two or three band wimax N8xx... The N810W is for 2.5GHz
no, the UK spectrum was listed as 2.6GHz, but the freq range of the wimax *module* in the N810W covers that range. There's also been talk of 2.1GHz. Hopefully UK *will* go for same range as USA as it'd mean I could roam in the UK and USA with an N810W.

I emphasise module because it means Nokia can do regional variations.

There *was* an attempt to get a wireless broadband system out on 3.5GHz, PCC bought up licenses but appear to have done nothing with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speculatrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
I emphasise module because it means Nokia can do regional variations.
It would be a real pity if regional versions will be needed, as the NITs are mobile devices. It's when I'm traveling somewhere that my internet tablet really gets useful.

When I'm home I can't see any use for wimax at all really.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
deleteddddd

Last edited by AnimesTrinity; 2008-09-23 at 06:02.

No, nobody sells them yet. Wait till the Xohm launch.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Ottawa, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
No, nobody sells them yet. Wait till the Xohm launch.
Do you know if it's been confirmed anywhere that these will release simultaneously with Xohm? I thought it was supposed to be released this summer, but we're into September already

I was really hoping to get a WME instead of the vanilla N810, but I've heard so little that it makes me wonder if it's really worth waiting for.

what will probably happen is the n900 will come out at the same time, just to make choosing even harder, so you'll have the n800, n810, n810w and n900 to decide between!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Let me just say this fine morning that WiMAX in the Dallas, TX area works very, VERY well.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
Do you know if it's been confirmed anywhere that these will release simultaneously with Xohm?
"What devices will be ready for the September launch?

Xohm President Barry West: We’ll have in what we call category 1 — meaning devices that we buy, and sell through our distribution — a Zyxel modem, a ZTE modem, a ZTE USB card, and a Samsung aircard. Very shortly after launch, we should see the Nokia [wimax tablet]."

http://www.muniwireless.com/2008/09/...nt-barry-west/