Wow, I take that back - I just tried again, and it gave me a crazy route which is clearly neither the shortest nor the (previously) fastest...

Obviously, you need to have traffic enabled, and maybe wait a bit for it to be processed or something.

Fastest:

Shortest:

Presumably optimal:

Note that traffic shows that there is indeed a traffic jams on the roads picked for fastest and (the last part of) shortest

Last edited by mbanck; 2012-07-19 at 15:43. Reason: added screenshots

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mbanck For This Useful Post:
mbanck - nice work!

I assume you're editing the files by hand? The ability to select this in the routing menu would be excellent!

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I reinstalled drive-qml and applied your full unstable patch.

When I choose automatic for day/night mode, it shows only a blank ui without map data. Was working well with latest full stable patch.
I can re-produce this.... will take a look when I have time.
Temporary workaround is to toggle traffic for maps to be re-drawn.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
So about traffic and taking it into account for routing:

Now I bet that the underlying code actually allows for traffic to be taken into account, my old Symbian Ovi Maps routing has an option "optimal", however RouteOptions.TYPE_OPTIMAL or RouteOptions.TYPE_OPTIMIZED does not seem to work (you get an error like "unable to assign [undefined] to int routeType" on the console).

However, when I set it to "3" manually via a property, I do not get an error. On the other hand, on some initial tests, traffic jams do not seem to get evaded either, so I am not sure what it means.

(Setting routeOptionType to 2 instead of 3 clearly selects the shortest route for me)
This is awesome! mbanck, and sony123.

Are you guys secretly working as the Nokia Drive team at Nokia? haha! Keep up the great work!

Also thanks to colin.stephane once again for putting together and updating a patch. It provided me great learning experience in reading and editing qml code.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by solstice88 View Post
This is awesome! mbanck, and sony123.

Are you guys secretly working as the Nokia Drive team at Nokia? haha! Keep up the great work!

Also thanks to colin.stephane once again for putting together and updating a patch. It provided me great learning experience in reading and editing qml code.
No they aren't the Nokia Drive team...

As funny as this sounds it can all be done, it just has to have work done to make it work, the good news is that ovi maps/drive is not closed source on our N9's

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I reinstalled drive-qml and applied your full unstable patch.

When I choose automatic for day/night mode, it shows only a blank ui without map data. Was working well with latest full stable patch.

Yes I can confirm this bug, unstable fails day/night mode for me too.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-07-19 at 22:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
The ability to select this in the routing menu would be excellent!
If it is indeed the right setting (I am waiting on others to confirm this), it should be possible to integrate it into the UI. Probably no further artwork would be needed for this, just an entry "Preferred Route" or so along the other routing options (like ferry etc.) with the three sub-option "shortest, fastest and optimized". Just wondering how translations should be done for that.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Yes I can confirm this bug, unstable fails day/night mode for me too.
This appears to be caused by my patch in #152: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=152

If you revert that one, do you still get that issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to mbanck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
This appears to be caused by my patch in #152: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=152

If you revert that one, do you still get that issue?
after the revert it seems to work. Atleast automatic is night currently, don't know if it turns to day in the morning
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
after the revert it seems to work. Atleast automatic is night currently, don't know if it turns to day in the morning
Well, not automatically if you keep the app open - but it should be set correctly when you restart it.

Back to square one...