Active Topics

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I'm not a hateboi (whatever the f that is!) but if we are gonna use this terminology I suppose I was a fanboi now I'm a ivehadenoughboi.
Wish them nothing but luck with there latest effort, even though there's no profit in it for them
Yeah, sorry, that's the difference though, seeing the amount involved (69k euro? that's not enough for one employee for a year even, they surely aim for that) and what actually is on offer, normalbois don't jump into 'melt steel beams' territory. Hatebois do, because whatever that company does it must be bad, malicious, a scam... So put your money where your mouth is, nothing to lose, free money, come get it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
I just love it when people lecture me on law and call me a hateboi for pointing out then if someone sells a device, he should cover it with a proper warranty

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
I just love it when people lecture me on law and call me a hateboi for pointing out then if someone sells a device, he should cover it with a proper warranty
Not calling you or lecturing, huh? I was initially worried about this too, but they are selling teaching materials and invites to lectures, the program, devices come as an accessory which they wish to provide, but cannot guarantee to have. If n950 you got in similar way broke and Nokia did not provide you an alternative, not sure you would pull out a lawyer to demand one back. Ban on resale was the same as 'you can keep it after all is done'. Or maybe our (old)council should expect M$ to bang their door and demand their own device back

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Or maybe our (old)council should expect M$ to bang their door and demand their own device back
I honestly wouldn't know what to do if that happens...

I'm the "oldest" councillor there is, having been in the position since a *long* time ago and I have never been so near a N950 that I could have touced it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I honestly wouldn't know what to do if that happens...

I'm the "oldest" councillor there is, having been in the position since a *long* time ago and I have never been so near a N950 that I could have touced it
Wow, fail of a program if enthusiasts never managed to even touch a device (not to mention amount who received and never gave back anything), that delivering by a community of know-betters is not a good idea at all, glad this is a community device and not chosen-ones then

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Jolla does not sell the device. They sold limited places in the Community Program, which among other privileges includes a developer device (and those never come with any warranty because they're not consumer products).
Yes most developer devices are not cover with guarantee, but on other hand they are send to developers for free and not sold.
But when you just make small batch and want to sell it, so you call it community program, though anyone can buy device (public and FIFO policy on buying) is not community or developer program - it's "sell phone" program mostly.

So if you buy something and to do it you don't even need to be a part of the community is a consumer product after all

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
2 simple questions:
a) Would anybody cough up 169 EUR for that program without getting the device so he might get invited to Finland on his own expenses ?
b) Are the devices given to handpicked developers or to anyone who is willing to pay 169 EUR ?

I still believe Jolla is doing strange things and they should stop doing so if they want to sell a lot more than 1000 devices. And itīs a bloody shame they donīt get their act together because i really like having an option besides iOS and Android.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I still believe Jolla is doing strange things
Your English is excellent (are you a native speaker by any chance?) but you have made one mistake. You have misspelled observe

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
2 simple questions:
a) Would anybody cough up 169 EUR for that program without getting the device so he might get invited to Finland on his own expenses ?
b) Are the devices given to handpicked developers or to anyone who is willing to pay 169 EUR ?

I still believe Jolla is doing strange things and they should stop doing so if they want to sell a lot more than 1000 devices. And itīs a bloody shame they donīt get their act together because i really like having an option besides iOS and Android.
a) It would be illogical. Just go to Finland without paying those 169 EUR, as much as I have a lot of doubts about Jolla, they are friendly and if you communicate with them - I do not think it would be a problem to meet them and even visit their office. Few folks here already did it few times (at least before they moved from old office)

b) Those devices are not given but sold to anyone who wants/can to buy them. You just had to be one of the first 1000 and have $$$ to pay. No limitations, I think you even could register at Jolla account that exact day (if you need to register at all). <- anoyne correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't worry, they checked that people are still buying their sh*t phone and they are checking the option to sell more.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Don't worry, they checked that people are still buying their sh*t phone and they are checking the option to sell more.
At least there's something for folks to buy that'll arrive sooner than later. Real tired of fanciful talk about devices that are undelivered and unsupported.

This Jolla dislike seems to miss a key point; the **** you folks point towards not a lot of people like either. It's a choice of niche products and/or opposing camps that ultimately are just geeks using semantic or overly technical jargon to make a rather minor point meanwhile millions of other, better supported devices go sold than your so-called geek favorite.

Feh. Take it however you'd like, any of you, but at least there's still some options left that can be had, in hand, sooner than later.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os