Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
NOK is up 42% in pre-market and MSFT is down 3%. "Well done, Stevie. Thanks Steve. Can I come home now?"
Or to put it more succinctly:
Name:  STB130701NOKIACOMP_124331k.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  76.5 KB
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

This is my favorite:

Al Hilwa, an analyst at IDC, noted the price was almost too good to pass up for Microsoft, which ended up paying less for Nokia's smartphone business than the $8.5 billion it did for the communications service Skype in 2011.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
This is my favorite:
And they handled Skype expertly, did they? How about that Danger Inc. acquisition? That sort of looks a LOT like today's Nokia acquisition where most of the employees already left and went off to start their own cellphone OS (Andy Rubin started off at Danger Inc and went off to create Android).

Every time I thought of Stephen Elop, over all these years, I always kept imagining this scene in my mind--and his throwing the iPhone around on-screen once certainly didn't help--even the same daft grin and vacuous, subtly cross-eyed look:
http://youtu.be/sm1Jyusyoqk

(The paddle scene = Maemo/MeeGo) 
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I guess I answered my own question of how they will keep Nokia manufacturing devices for them after Ballmer retires. I more than doubled my investment and Nokia will be profitable again. Great news and its clear that minnows in this game have little chance of survival.

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Finally the dead rat is pulled from behind the curtain.

On the plus side I doubt we will need to listen to Lumiaman's drivel any longer about how share price will reach $10 and all the rest of his bull while he drools over his precious.

What a waste, my thoughts to all the employees and families that have and will suffer at the hands of Elop.

Rgds

ps. I guess this thread is now superfluous.
It's getting close to $6....I more than doubled my moneys...

Where is the king of Symbian now? His kingdom was just ransacked and obliterated.

So what was the Stock price of Nokia just before this announcement?
And what is the Stock price of Nokia after 12/24 hours?

What was the Stock price of MS just before the announcement?
And what is the Stock price of MS after 12/24 hours?

I'm flattered

I cashed out at 5.35. More than doubled. Love it.

Actually looking at it, this was a brilliant move by the Finnish board. They knew they lost the battle in mobile devices and OS, and decided its time to cut the dead weight and concentrate on telecommunications. They acquired Siemens and still have their patent portfolio. They are sailing into a new territory, and its good for everyone. Viva Nokia!

Elop is an artist. This was the best part of his race to the bottom:

Feb 9, 2011 ($11.73) -- Jul 17, 2012 ($1.69)

Stock loses 85.59% of its value in less than a year and a half.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 10.25.22 AM.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  21.3 KB

But the largest pre-Elop drop in the post-iPhone era was:

Nov 6, 2007 ($41.10) -- Mar 2, 2009 ($8.74)

That was a 78.73% loss.

Elop is the winner!

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 10.24.15 AM.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  21.8 KB

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha