Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yeah personally I'm mystified by the folks who see it as an absolute back-step from the N900.
Yes there's some things I'm unhappy about not being included, but overall it's pretty damn solid, esp. the software IMO.

But the longer the freaking thing takes to come out, the less compelling it gets, it should've been out "yesterday".
Sept30 or later, & it's chances of getting any kind of meaningful traction, will have almost entirely dissipated

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-15 at 15:12.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah personally I'm mystified by the folks who see it as an absolute back-step from the N900.
Yes there's some things I'm unhappy about not being included, but overall it's pretty damn solid, esp. the software IMO.
NO WAY is it a backstep and if anything it is everything the N900 should have been ! so i agree totally with you there.

As for the OS ... i have reservations about that because of the arguments i have had on here about the MeeGo adaption for the N900 and then all of a sudden we see the N9 with a much advanced version of MeeGo so what was going on ??????.

Editing my post to answer your last, i am totally confused as to why this N9 has not been released months ago because it was obviously well ready by the time it hit Singapore so what has gone wrong in the Nokia stable?, something is very very wrong about all this and i think if this has anything to do with Elop then he should never have been brought in to chair Nokia at any point.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-07-15 at 15:16.

I wonder if Elop's reading this thread and rubbing his hand together with glee.
Rejoicing in our fractured, disillusioned state... Muahahahahaha...

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
and then all of a sudden we see the N9 with a much advanced version of MeeGo so what was going on ??????.
Not sure what you mean
Nokia was dev'ing "in house", we've all known that for some time.
I've seen nothing to suggest most of what they've done can't or wont eventually be fully integrated into M-C in the longer-term.

i am totally confused as to why this N9 has not been released months ago because it was obviously well ready by the time it hit Singapore so what has gone wrong in the Nokia stable?, something is very very wrong about all this and i think if this has anything to do with Elop then he should never have been brought in to chair Nokia at any point.
Agree there, I've had my reservations that it's not "stable enough" to be released & out onto the market many months ago.
I dearly want some evidence to leak, which proves proactive attempts at artificially stalling the project.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-15 at 15:23.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Since this is a Nokia N9 related thread, here's a disassembly PDF of the N9..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4815558/Noki..._L1L2_v1.0.pdf

already posted, but thanks

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I wonder if Elop's reading this thread and rubbing his hand together with glee.
Rejoicing in our fractured, disillusioned state... Muahahahahaha...

Not sure what you mean
Nokia was dev'ing "in house", we've all known that for some time.
I've seen nothing to suggest most of what they've done can't or wont eventually be fully integrated into M-C in the longer-term.

Agree there, I've had my reservations that it's not "stable enough" to be released & out onto the market many months ago.
I dearly want some evidence to leak, which proves proactive attempts at artificially stalling the project.
What i am on about got me into all sorts of trouble on here because of the arguments that occured but basically i ranted on about the meager attempt at getting MeeGo on the N900 as an os which eventually went beserk on here so is best i say nothing more on that !.

The "in house" development Nokia has done is quite frankly too late as is the N9 as both should have been out long time ago especially since Nokia screwed us over Maemo, many arguments on that front and bitter ones too i might add !.

Development is Nokia's downfall as it either takes them too long or is let out too late when it comes to hardware/software.

I do not see anything good coming out of Nokia with the Windows os because too many literally hate Microsoft to even give it consideration.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
I'm on N9seconds.com right now and a bit confused...

Can someone just explain quickly how it works? I am typing the two words in the box correctly and I have done that several times, but it is just saying wrong code each time and not letting me go further.

What am I doing wrong?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
You need to enter a 6 digit code, numbers or letter or both, in the 6 larger clock like numbers on the left. They are all set to 0 by default. So first you type in there, then you enter captcha details and press enter. If your code is wrong, you will see WRONG! spelled out in the area where there used to be 000000 or your answer. If you put in incorrect captcha, it will show in small red text below it. Once you have entered incorrect captcha you cannot enter new answers in the main fields anymore. Make sure you enter captcha correctly, and you will be rewarded with a link thay says try again, just below the large answer area.

The Following User Says Thank You to NOMOS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
And how do I obtain the clue so that I can crack the correct 6 digit code?

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
I'm on N9seconds.com right now and a bit confused...

Can someone just explain quickly how it works? I am typing the two words in the box correctly and I have done that several times, but it is just saying wrong code each time and not letting me go further.

What am I doing wrong?
You have to enter your suggestion for one of the 6-character codes to be found (12 have already been found, 8 more to go) on the 6 big black rectangles (you can't miss them) by clicking on them, or directly from the keyboard, and AFTER you must enter the captcha and press enter...

If it says "wrong", then your 6-character code is not correct, or has already been found...

Look at the videos for ideas about codes to find... Like registration plate of the taxi (already found, obviously), for example...

0x4e84

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x4e84 For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????