Active Topics

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
"Scalable from 1 to 4 cores the Mali-400 MP enables a wide range of different use cases"
how many does the u8500 use?

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=58568&page=3

Looks like it's a single-core Mali 400 in U8500.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I hope Nokia will have some sense, and will make both devices available for general public.
its more like its only one device the lanku one without keyboard maybe runs wp7.5.

I mean Elop was desperate to see a WP phone end of this year so maybe the hw in lanku was good just ripout Meego and install WP ****.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
No HW keyboard or add on hw keyboard = I'll wait and see what LG or another manufacturer is going to make for meego
No dual core plus gpu = no buy 100% for sure

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
as far as i understood its scalable from 1-4, so it includes 4 cores, but if only 1 is needed, the others are deactivated/standby.

I have found a few links about the SGS2, it has a samsung exynos cpu with the mali gpu, and they are always talking about 4 cores.

comparing the benchmarks of the sgs2 at anandtech wouldnt make sense at the moment because we will have another (higher) resolution, another cpu and another os (which is important too, imho). and the circumstances of the SoC (how is the ram connected to the rest of the system and things like that) is importand for the performance too.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=58568&page=3

Looks like it's a single-core Mali 400 in U8500.
maybe they mean the vertex processor

http://www.arm.com/products/multimed...ali-400-mp.php

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
I came to think about the whole Hardware Keyboard topic... As much as I want a hardware keyboard in this device (and the N9 from the teaser is helluva sexy device to me, already fell in love with it ), I thought about the name "Nokia Internet Tablet". 770 and N800 didn't have HWKB either, consumer N9 also won't have it... so we'll get a 4" 720p Tablet/phone hybrid with some real nice software on it...

Guys, after thinking a little about it, and Harmattan is really that awesome as insiders tell us: Forget iPhone & iPad, forget Pre3 & TouchPad, forget BlackBerry & PlayBook... we get it all in one awesome device...

Besides: one question to insiders, hope someone can tell us: Will Harmattan support MS Exchange provisioning? Otherwise I cannot sync work PIM... that was one major problem for me with Maemo 5.
I think it does have that. I have all my contacts integrated (not exchange) and everything shows up in notification slide. Awesome !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
Add double flash led for the dev one

and surely (I really hope !) xenon flash if it has 8 mpx for consumer one
like in the concept winner : http://admin.conversations.nokia.com.../NokiaU008.jpg
No Xenon flash... and looks like dev device no go at meego con

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
I think it does have that. I have all my contacts integrated (not exchange) and everything shows up in notification slide. Awesome !
nice to see you back

could you anser me one single qestion?

Is icq implemented?

Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
No Xenon flash... and looks like dev device no go at meego con
we already heard it from zehjotkah... very disapointing...

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland