Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
However, Jolla's are bought by edge-case people.
That is why I put the edge word in double quotes. The problem is that Jolla's edge-case customers all have different edges they are thinking So we are back trying to figure out what are the most common features needed at the beginning, and unfortunately WPA EAP isn't that important than the other authentication methods.

As a side note:

I also cursed when N9 didn't originally supported WPA EAP and its variants. I couldn't use the Eduroam with it. Nowaday I don't anymore care so much about Eduroam because 3G is good enough for smartphones like Jolla for many of my use cases. And in home WLAN I don't use EAP.

With LTE coming I suspect the need for WLAN will decrease in many use cases in the future. At least in coutries that have good 3G and LTE coverage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by sconf View Post
Sweet, copied files from N9 and it worked right away!

Now, anybody knows a way to add more calendars to calendar application?
Could you or Att elaborate a bit on this? On the N9, these files are in ~.sync/profiles/service and ../sync. On Jolla there is no "service", but there is a dir "server". Same thing?

And on N9, one had to add the config to the daemon by doing some DBus magic. (Incidentally, does that SMS sync work on Jolla?)

Some pointers to documentation on this would be welcome too.

Two things I noticed:

Brightness, would it be possible to allow lower brightness in the settings (phone definitely supports it as at lowest setting it will go lower if automatic adjustment is on, sadly a bit like N900 it can juggle up and down in certain conditions)
Back to last open app from lock screen, currently after swiping away lock screen you are put in multitasking view, I know a single tap away, but a toggle would be nice

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Not only is not native, but its not even tweaked Android version to function on Jolla. Just like the version on Play Store, it doesn't work on streaming TV channels and live streams. Only works with the archived programs. Other options give sound and messed up picture.
I tried playing an archived show (The IT Crowd, latest episode as of today). The program crashed a couple of times, but eventually started playing on about the third or fourth try.

Originally Posted by latency View Post
Do I have to keep it open and active in "full screen" or can I have it running and open other apps and still get notifications?
You can keep it in the background and even run other android apps on top. Also popups seem to work even throught sailfish applications.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Do I have to keep it open and active in "full screen" or can I have it running and open other apps and still get notifications?
try
works full/small and you can keep other android apps foreground also.

edit.
me too slow

Last edited by andreas1; 2013-12-18 at 21:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Could you or Att elaborate a bit on this? On the N9, these files are in ~.sync/profiles/service and ../sync. On Jolla there is no "service", but there is a dir "server". Same thing?

And on N9, one had to add the config to the daemon by doing some DBus magic. (Incidentally, does that SMS sync work on Jolla?)

Some pointers to documentation on this would be welcome too.
I'm not an expert on buteo. Too little time for everything. Hopefully sconf can help you on the questions.

To get you to start:
http://sateeshkavuri.com/buteo-synchronization/

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
you can use droid-FF on Jolla too
No I cant and will not install dalvik. If native browser has issues they should be solved. However I still say MANY sites is non mobile friendly and hard to read on phones whatever crap people try to convince with using X/Y/Z browser...

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Well, who will use exFAT, if they could format their cards with FAT32...?
Well, who will use FAT32, if they could format their cards with btrfs/ext4?

Originally Posted by att View Post
Here are some help until Jolla can implement a better solution:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1054
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1727
Well If that crap company named Microsoft could atleast support sftp from scratch so much could just work without hassle... (Atleast over wifi)

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience