Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I have to ask the question: Where does all of this leave maemo.org and talk.maemo.org? If not Nokia, are we now beholden to Microsoft here at community-time around the hippie campfires now?
Good question.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I don't understand the question?
Isn't this what the Hildon Foundation thingy was about, and cutting our ties with Nokia? I kind of thought there was nothing connecting TMO or Maemo any longer into the old Nokia...
FYI, this is what the Hildon Foundation thingy was about, but apparently negotiations from previous HiFo secretary with Nokia never beared fruit in a contract. It seems we will have to start conversation with Nokia all over again. But that's not a topic for this thread.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-09-19 at 00:13.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
can I propose that this thread is now closed and locked by the admins?
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I propose otherwise. Let this open discussion remain open. Participation is not mandatory nor obligatory.
It's also an excellent troll bait. Locking the thread will release them into the wild.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It's also an excellent troll bait. Locking the thread will release them into the wild.
Chances are a new thread of the same topic would open back up, seeing as how that's what happened last time AND there's enough interest to keep this thread going strong over all this time.

I, for one, am still interested to see community discussions about this as things unfold. We still haven't gotten answers on a lot of details that weren't covered under all of this? For example: Where does this put the old Trolltech acquisition (KDE/QT/etc)?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2013-09-11 at 21:13.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Only narrow minded, scared of reality people like to close free wheelin threads.

As I said before, NOKIA will hit $10 by spring.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
As I said before, NOKIA will hit $10 by spring.
Yes, that's quite possible.
When the company has got rid of the WP poison there's certainly a fresh way up opening

Now here is a connundrum. Did they get rid of MS poison or their own poison, I.e, devices and services branch poison.

Now here is a connundrum. Did they get rid of MS poison or their own poison, I.e, devices and services branch poison.
You should apply for a job at Microsoft, you'd be good at wiping Elop's arse

Last edited by Dared; 2013-09-12 at 13:56.

Nokia going above $6!!!....now $6.46��.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Nokia going above $6!!!....now $6.46.
That's nice really, it looks like I might be going to green in what, maybe another year or so...

Interesting piece on Android development within Nokia...

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...oofinance&_r=0

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha