Active Topics

Notices

Same error for me as well, developers please fix it. Thanks.

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Same problem here

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
Same problem. Will anybody fix it?

Last edited by badazimer; 2013-02-27 at 14:46.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
same problem here. "consumerkey" error. anybody wants to take a look at this? thanks in advance!

I'm guessing the consumer key/secret for the API is given with an expiry date, whether automatic or done after they fail to reach the maintainer to see if they still want access.

Given that Sharky hasn't posted anything on TMO or touched the code in over 2 years, I think it's a safe bet he's moved on. So short of anyone else taking over as maintainer and requesting a new key from Evernote,

The Following User Says Thank You to trilby For This Useful Post:
Hi, same problem here, can't sync notes "consumerkey" error.
I hope someone will take care of this issue...
thanks in advance!

The problem as others I think pointed out is that in Nov '12 the Evernote API changed to requires Oauth to authenticate so using username/password from the client will no longer work.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but thought I would mention that I have started the process of attempting to add oauth to the code. However it is not trivial and requires upgrading libevernote and thift libraries to the latest versions, then modifying the app code to open the evernote oauth webpage instead of prompting for username/password and ensuring all relevant API calls use the oauth token. Thankfully I can use a Nixnote Qt port for guidance but as Python code is my usual domain compared to Qvernote's C++ it will not be a quick process.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cas07 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by Cas07 View Post
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up...
Thanks for looking anyway. I hope others would join in.

Thanks for investing time in this issue! Would be phantastic, if it works again!

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
Originally Posted by Cas07 View Post
The problem as others I think pointed out is that in Nov '12 the Evernote API changed to requires Oauth to authenticate so using username/password from the client will no longer work.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but thought I would mention that I have started the process of attempting to add oauth to the code. However it is not trivial and requires upgrading libevernote and thift libraries to the latest versions, then modifying the app code to open the evernote oauth webpage instead of prompting for username/password and ensuring all relevant API calls use the oauth token. Thankfully I can use a Nixnote Qt port for guidance but as Python code is my usual domain compared to Qvernote's C++ it will not be a quick process.
I hope You will make it. Great Thanks!