Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Best post ever! (in this thread) That is what I have been trying to say this whole time, but my English is not good enough.

This whole thing is a penis competionen from the beginning.
for your (and javispedro's) linguistic education then, this is called a pissing contest...

however, one point where javispedro's version is more accurate is that a pissing contest is open; you have to open your zipper, hang it out and piss in public.
bragging about one's organ size on the other hand.... yeah, mine is always bigger
has more to do with ego then with organ.

the CA allocation definitely weren't a public pissing contest (my app is better then yours)

maybe next year we can make it a pissing contest of kind, by letting the contributors piss indeed
and then the members (with a certain karma & all) can vote... for the best pissers.

would have voided the whole thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
for your (and javispedro's) linguistic education then, this is called a pissing contest...

[random text desroyed]

the CA allocation definitely weren't a public pissing contest (my app is better then yours)

[random text desroyed]

would have voided the whole thread.
Thank you for that.
But the CA wasn't a pissing competionen. But this thread mus be seen as one where some think they deserve a device more than others?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by e-yes View Post
i appreciate your pain, but you are not improving your situation by insulting ppl

NITDroid definitely is a great contribution, even though i spent two weeks sometimes several hours in the evening trying to setup NiTDroid on my (test) N900 so i could try and discover what app sandisk has put on their 64GB mSDXC
those m0##0ns put an exFAT file system on it and not even the se7en PC @ work (12 GB RAM, SSD system drive, 2 Xeon CPUs...) can access it

nor can a SGS2
i'm thinking about trying ICS, but NITDroid on the N900 does not seem to support mSD

long story short, yes, having a N950 may help you improve ICS, but it definitely won't help with mSD now, will it?

PS: this morning i decided to Google for sandisk apk... guess i won't need NITDroid for that after all

EDIT: okay, should delete the whole post because going back to the previous page i now see what post you directly replied to...
next time, use Quote & Reply maybe?

Last edited by Texrat; 2012-06-28 at 21:49. Reason: No reason to quote and reply to this

Thank you for that.
But the CA wasn't a pissing [competition].
again, having made it one, rather then a "secret" deliberation where, in the end, some could discretely push forward their bigger ego would have avoided the whole mess, no?

But this thread mus[t] be seen as one where some think they deserve a device more than others?
yes, in that (limited) aspect, this thread definitely is a pissing contest / competition.
thanks for completing that!

Last edited by misterc; 2012-06-28 at 21:17. Reason: not a pissing contest, alas...

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
A "epic four"
/Estel
Oh Estel, there were many more than four and you know it. The discussion was much broader than what you try to present in your "summary", but apparently you missed the point. But no worries, I'll put it in a nutshell here:
The problem, as viewed by many (i.e. more than four - note this - it is important) was "being a judge in you own cause judge" type. For many not necessarily the outcome, but the process raised concerns.

Fortunately some other people were able to draw valuable conclusions and I hope we can prevent such an outcry in the future...

Moreover - I'll still try to kindle the donation idea - could, by any chance, council discuss that on their next meeting as a way to end the dispute and finish the situation in a "uniting the community" way?

Last edited by don.edri; 2012-06-28 at 21:29. Reason: grammar and some minor word changes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to don.edri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
[...]

And i still don't think Estel deserve to continue with the way he acts. For example he calls me loser and says "we don't give a f#" to me on IRC, as well as calling me names. And he explains that it's slovacian temper to talk like that and it's the people who overreact. But than again when you see the way he talks to people he sees as authority in a totally different tone. I know that kind of people and i think everyone does.
i think Estel's disgraceful behavior has less to do with his nationality or race then with the fact that he is simply not mature enough.
this is not even my own words but those of one of his coreligionist from the Council.
but it was already visible before the election and still... he is the candidate with most votes...

you got what you voted for

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
when a crisis arises, the right thing is probably better discussed and agreed upon behind closed doors and only then one member makes one unequivocal post.[...]
But that wouldn't be very transparent, now would it. Everyone else is calling for more transparency, and you call for opacity?

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Sorry, but even as blunt and transparent as I am, this is not true, for two reasons:
  • [...]
  • The other is that just because something is true doesn't mean it's meant to be known publicly. In fact some things can be true until they are known publicly, at which point it's no longer true. [...]
[...]
long way to go in only 68 posts, huh?
but i'm glad you come to see my point, eventually

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm a click away from closing this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'm a click away from closing this thread.
you have to do what you have to do...

EDIT... too late

Last edited by misterc; 2012-06-28 at 22:11. Reason: too late :(

@don.edri
Of course, if a group of people want to fund device/money prizes for their champions, it's welcome with open hands by Council, and we would like to provide every help that they request. As long as they would like us "corrupt" to participate
---

As for Your summary - yes, it's kinda fair. Although, it's also fair to state, that (I'm repeating this 30 time, probably):

1. On April, community decided how CA will look, who will judge it, and how it will handle Councilors submitting for device, being judges at the same time. 100% of discussion participants were OK with it, and, ironically, I was the one, who proposed to make councilor ineligible, automatically. To my pleasant surprise, community decided to base awards on merit, not function.

2. On may, the same issue was mentioned on TMO, and only one person didn't appreciated idea of Councilors submitting to awards - geneven, in his one-liner post. furthermore, it was suggested and accepted (all in public), that Councilors submitting for devices, will take part in deciding about winners, but wouldn't vote for self (i.e. Estel won't vote for Estel, etc).

3. Later ON, draft for CA rules was announced on ML and TMO, without anyone protesting.

4. CA started, with announcement of rules via ML, TMO, News, Council Blog, IRC. It run for 3 weeks, including submissions of Councilors, all made during legal time. No one protested, and 80% of people (complaining now) submitted themselves = were aware of rules, accepted them, and haven't said single word about it or other submitters. List of such people include (but is not limited to) ZogG, INABT, e-yes...

5. CA ends. After results, few people start outcry, stating that *their* morality and "feeling" what is right or not is more important, than Community decisions made in April and May... And, that *their* morality should be forced upon everyone. Some of them demanded changing winners don_falcone, ZogG, some of them - like the latter, mentioned - though, that not-reading any Community channel for months is enough excuse for not protesting earlier. Some of them doesn't want to change result, but to promo themselves gerbrick.

there was also sad incident, when one Councilor - SD69 - who also submitted for CA and won device - suggested, that I might have did something "nasty" with my CA submissions, changed my mind etc. Of course, it is absolute nonsense and FUD - I've declared, that I'll submit from very beginning, and never changed my mind. FUD was cleared early enough, but some people, like don_falcone, like to stick with it, just due to personal problems with my writing style, and so goes on.

OTOH, it turned out that FUD released by SD69 was action on purpose, as it turned out - which saddens me very much - but it's different story, thing for fixing in Council internally, and I'm not going to write more about it.
---

don.edri, I don't know if You will agree with this, or not, but IMO, whole thing circulates about few (really, minority) people, that missed appropriate time for protest about rules (either, because they couldn't care less, or because their "champions" were not amongst winners), failed, to acknowledge that Community decided before current Councilors were elected, and, generally, failed to read and understand answers, at all.

I've tried - numerous times - to explain, kindly and civil, such points, and to discuss it - point by point - with ones that tend to not get a clue - like ZogG. Unfortunately, he wasn't interested, and when faced with meritocratic discussions about points (again, going 1 point at time, and explaining what is not clear), he just decided to run on TMO and remain in demagogic/sophism stance. Which, for one, I take as prime example of bad will.
---

Fortunately, most people seems to have gone through it, and focused on more productive things. Anyway, despite all grief, it was quite nice test, to see who is reasonable no matter of personal affiliations (I'm looking at don_falcone), and i'm sure that few people have their Candidates for next Council already, no matter what will happen in next 5 months. Well, double-win, after all

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove