Notices

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey this is a pretty good music player. is there any way yo change the default music player to open media player? and when i open the media player widget from homescreen, it should open open media player? and is there any way to remove portrait mode n just keep landscape mode? help would be appreciated

instructions on how to replace it is in the first post.
as for forcing landscape i don't think there is an option, if you only want landscape why change?

Last edited by randomdood; 2011-06-15 at 09:52. Reason: spelling

because sometime it goes to portrait when i move my phone upside

hey can u please tell what to do next i did

nano /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service
now it showed something in xterm nano and now what should ido. pleas ehlp

can someone please tell how to make this default media player? i cannot make it through the code.it opens nano and i dont know what to do

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
can someone please tell how to make this default media player? i cannot make it through the code.it opens nano and i dont know what to do
you can install leafpad (apt-get install leafpad)

and later use this:

Code:
leafpad /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service
as you can see it is normal text file editor (easier to use than nano)
just change /usr/bin/mediaplayer to /usr/local/bin/mediaplayer and save the file

Last edited by pawelstryju; 2011-06-15 at 19:52.

wow thanks a lot it worked. is there any way to fix it in landscape mode? maybe force something etc so that it doesnt rotate in portrait?
thanks

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
wow thanks a lot it worked. is there any way to fix it in landscape mode? maybe force something etc so that it doesnt rotate in portrait?
thanks
But that was the whole point! This application was created for the sole intention to provide a portrait mode to the standard mediaplayer interface. Use the stock player instead if you don't want portrait mode (they are identical). Also if you have CSSU installed, just turn on the orientation lock.

hey sometimes when im playing internet radio, the open media player shows twice open in task bar and i close one, the other is there. its likw soemtimes its open twice when playing. any fix?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
somebody noticed this -> when i use bluetooth headset to skip track/go back one track it skips/gets back not one track but two. I checked in stock media player and everything is ok.

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse