Active Topics

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
Originally Posted by darethehair View Post
Hey dormant and linux_author, have you seen this 'gphoto' thread?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hlight=gphoto2

In my own humble way, I have already invested quite a bit of effort in compiling 'gphoto2' for OS2008. Unfortunately, it is rather flaky in real life.
- thanks for the good work... i tried building the latest gphoto2 on my OS X system and ran into a bag of worms (nikon wifi read/write code) and failed dependencies, so i understand effort you put into this...

- AFA Canons - i'd probably go with a simpler approach and use:

http://libptp.sourceforge.net/

- the ptcam client builds easily under the latest Maemo SDK, but is a large, auto-built shell script that ends up containing hard links to the temp libs (/scratchbox/user/foo/home/foo/myproject/liptp, etc.)!

(now to figure out an NFS mount of /home/user on the NIT for development or somehow bribe a NIT Python hacker for a gui client link to libptp)...

:-)

p.s. fortunately the ITOS libusb seems to support most of these external libs... but a good port of gphoto2 would be a *killer app* for the NIT!!!

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by darethehair View Post
Hey dormant and linux_author, have you seen this 'gphoto' thread?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hlight=gphoto2

In my own humble way, I have already invested quite a bit of effort in compiling 'gphoto2' for OS2008. Unfortunately, it is rather flaky in real life.
No idea how I missed that thread. I will go and join it immediately.

Many thanks.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
Yes, I agree that a truly-working 'gphoto2' on the NIT *would* be great. Since it compiles 'clean' on scratchbox, I have no idea why it wouldn't function just as well on the NIT as it does onm (say) my x86 desktop. My theory is that the host-USB code on the NIT is somehow 'different' enough to cause problems. Anyways, like I said in the other thread, this is now 'over my head' and I need others to help!

Got my otg adapter. Works like a dream!

got mine also - orderd 2 just for the fun....
one is much easier fitting then the other, wich is cool so the "stickier" one can I use for connecting stuff "better" when messing around with the N800 outdoors.
Now trying to find out how to get my old usb gps mouse working..

ha and by the way, .BE customs did not complain or charged extra €€ ..for once. cool.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Just as a follow up for anyone who's been reading through this looking for wired networking... I've updated the Wiki/Wired networking packages to utilize a bit of code from Graham Cobb over at cobb.uk.net so that when you disconnect your OTG adapter the USB ethernet interface will automatically be pulled down and removed (there was a problem originally where it would linger if you disconnected the OTG adapter from the tablet rather than the ethernet adapter from the USB connector). Updated information and packages are available in the wiki entry. I also managed to wrangle up a few more interesting USB devices to offer along side the OTG connectors (the tiny powered/unpowered hub is pretty awesome I have to say, though the spider-cable USB hub is also pretty neat (if only it had a power option)):
http://www.electronicproductonline.c...s=n800&x=0&y=0

Thanks,
-Rob

OK, so who knows where a BATTERY powered USB hub is????

4 x AAA batteries would do the trick.

Just wanted to say I ordered a while ago and received it pretty quickly. Also ordered 2 so I had a backup. Worked as expected with a USB thumbdrive and a foldable keyboard.

I just received my credit card bill today and it took me a second to remember what "ELECTRONIC PRODUCT ONLINE" was... epsecially since it said 999-999-9999 after!

Just a reminder in case others can't recall the company name!

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Okay, got my working USB-Ethernet setup sorted out and operating properly (there's a bit more tweaking that I'd want but it's pretty straight forward/fuctional now).

Here's the question: for Ethernet adapters, A) is there interest here? I know toby.c13 said he's looking, anyone else out there after this? B) What's the preferable way to go: full RJ45 jack with dongle ($25 + shipping but larger size) or compact version as pictured in my previous post ($35 + shipping but only as large as a thumb drive to carry around).

Once I get some feedback I'll bring in the appropriate equipment and get 'em up ready for sale along with the Package to get USB networking working without effort.

Thanks,
-Rob
Rob,

Do you have a link for the compact version of your RJ45 jack. I would like to get one of those.

Thanks.