Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
Maaan, I`m starting to throw up here...
What are you, like 13?
Stick your crappy Droid up in the a... and get off this forum...
I`m sure you`re some kind of degenerated Droid addict, who uses such forums to express his poor feelings about himself...
Are we still talking about stupid handsets here? Wake up man...
You obviously cry in the corner because goddamn N9 is not supported in the US and you`d just love to get one to show your fellow Droid addicts who`s the daddy here
Short explanation (perfect for your level of attention):
At least Android has been masturbation-worthy, can't say the same for Nokia's offerings in a LONG time. Here... let me call you a waaaaaaahmbulance!
Maybe ANGRY MAN needs to be replaced with CRYING MAN? Angry Man. heheheh

HELLO, CRYING MAN!

Long explanation (just in case you've had your special meds and vitamins today):
Come now, the drama is wonderful here. Besides, I keep looking to see if things improve. It seems like they never do, but I hold onto the hope. I used to LOVE Maemo when it was an improving platform going from the 770 to the N8x0 days and Internet Tablet days before it turned a pivot and started to roll downhill quickly. I still think the N900 wasn't an improvement on the platform--it was the start of the end of the whole thing. What once was a unique product that Nokia could have been at the head of today turned, instead, into a 'ME TOO' iPhone competitor and lost its openness and portable computing platform roots along the way more and more. The N9 barely resembles a computer (more a phone, now) and the Maemo platform is dead-dead-dead, MeeGo didn't even get a chance and now Tizen isn't even related to anything Nokia. So... now I come here to see what evolves out of this mess but the discussions are interesting sometimes.

This doesn't mean I don't visit the Android forums (Hell! I just got promoted to being an admin of the largest Android Facebook group just this past week) but I still like to see what's going on elsewhere. As I've said repeatedly, I'm never married to any one platform--if I see something better, I'll be perfectly willing to use it--and if I'm not satisfied with a platform, I'll easily divorce myself from it. Maemo got exactly ONE purchase from me and I'd been waiting ever since for something deserving but I don't think Maemo will ever be there again at this rate.

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
True...
but at the same time this forum is intended to support Maemo/MeeGo...there`s a lot of Droid forums where your fella can masturbate better, I`m sure...
Last time I checked, this forum doesn't exist to support anything. I was repeatedly told that Nokia doesn't participate here, they just helped pay for the site to exist--and even THAT is ending very, very soon. MeeGo isn't even in the name, so I don't know where THAT came from. Support indeed. heh
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
congrats on your promotion...
you know what, let`s quit this sort of useless conversation, we surely don`t help each other, nor do we help anyone else here...
I`m still absolutely positive there`s no smartphone available at the moment which would make me more happy than my N9...that`s my opinion...but I`m sure it may change one day
I really like this movement, though
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83333
it appears there still are some genuine Nokia people on this forum...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jleholeho For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm awaiting to see what the Nokia people such as that link will do with that information.

It takes time, engineers, programmers and a budget to get anything done if it's done in the official manner. If it's just via the community, well they need access and support.

All of the aforesaid seems to be waning in regards to the Nokia N9/Harmattan.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
yep, you`re right...
it looks like we`d need some real Nokia contact to get hold of real and true info on anything upcoming...
I met a guy from Helsinki at a congress in Brussels last month, he`s sort of a foreign colleague, but he told me he has a person within family working in Nokia management in Espoo...I guess I should ask him to get me some info on upcoming updates, development, apps for N9...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm awaiting to see what the Nokia people such as that link will do with that information.

It takes time, engineers, programmers and a budget to get anything done if it's done in the official manner. If it's just via the community, well they need access and support.

All of the aforesaid seems to be waning in regards to the Nokia N9/Harmattan.
It's just history repeating itself. Same garbage we've heard, seen and lived through with the previous versions of Maemo and Nokia's pledge of opening things up and offering a process to request it--which rarely, RARELY ever succeeded and then when it did, it was utterly late and long after a new device came out and I *STILL* feel like those victories were more attributable to the component manufacturer than to Nokia (since Nokia itself STILL hasn't open-sourced their own non-driver, pure applications that came in Maemo).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
join this contest everybody,

http://www.openmobility.eu/conference/om2012/contest/

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
i remember a developer that used to be on here? wore a tie, had a very short haircut, maybe german? i can't remember, very popular, he said something about a big annoncement in november for the n900? anybody know who am talking about? i used to have his twitter.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
i remember a developer that used to be on here? wore a tie, had a very short haircut, maybe german? i can't remember, very popular, he said something about a big annoncement in november for the n900? anybody know who am talking about? i used to have his twitter.
Do you have more information?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
You mean Zehjotkah? He is all into Meego

yeah Zehjotkah him that guy lol. I remember him saying about some announcement about the N900 for November time ago, a lot of people thought it was going to be the entire source code, looks like it wasn't anything special.

Tags
buysomethinelse, it's undead, maemo's dead, meego's dead, r-d-f, tizen lives, winding down