Notices

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Ok new problem:

When I try to connect (click the CONNECT button) I get Error #35584.

What is this? & How do I fix it?

Thanks

Matt

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Hmmm... the only thing I could find about error 35584 is an abnormal exit. Can you try running /usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py from the command line and post the output if the error happens again?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Hmmm... the only thing I could find about error 35584 is an abnormal exit. Can you try running /usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py from the command line and post the output if the error happens again?
Being somewhat proactive and re-reading this thread... I did just that...

When I ran it from the command line the GUI launches with no problems. I click connect and then: same error as if I launched the GUI from the App / Personal Menu.

I am able to connect via RDP from a Vista notebook to the target computer.

The only thing that I can think of that changed since the last time I made a successful connection from my N800 was HomeTools updated.

Thanks
m

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Toronto, Canada
@TrueJournals

First of all, massive props for such great work. When I had pyrdesktop working it was absolutely fantastic.

Now I'm having problems. I've read and re read this whole thread and can seem to figure out what's going wrong.

I've got python launcher installed and I'm running OS2008 5.2008.43-7 not booting from the card.

Whenever, I launch pyrdesktop the GUI appears and then immediately closes. I've tried qwerty12's fix to no avail.

Please help, I'd love to have this working again!

Thanks again to everyone for all your contributions.

Just downloaded and installed pyrdesktop. I have been spending almost a day trying to figure it out. Did research in the forum already, and still haven't figure out how this thing work. Opened 3389 on my router and my firewall. Still doesn't work.

PS I'm using Windows XP Home sp3, can someone help me?

Windows XP Home cannot host a RDP connection. So the PyRdesktop cannot connect to it since the XP Home OS cannot host the connection.

I am not sure whether or not there is a hack to allow XP Home to host a RDP connection. If not, you'll need to use XP Pro, Vista Business, Vista Ultimate, or one of the Windows Server OS.

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
There is a patch for Vista Home Premium which allows RDP input.
http://www.unet.fi/fransblog/2007/08...-home-premium/

On my Vista laptop it works fine as an RDP host !

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by gultig View Post
I think I've found a bug. Somehow I deleted the first profile, which was also the default profile, and rdesktop wouldn't load anymore. I then installed gedit and load_prof was set to the deleted profile. I've changed it back and now all is well.

Thanks for the excellent updates to rdesktop.
Originally Posted by sunmercury View Post
This new pyrdesktop had worked fine for me till last week. For some reason, it just stopped working. It would come on briefly and shut itself down. Here is the error running from console:

Nokia-N800-23-14:/usr/local/bin# ./rdesktop.py
python[1517]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - unknown property `program_name' for cla
ss `GtkAboutDialog'
python[1517]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - could not convert string to type `GStrv
' for property `authors'
./rdesktop.py:134: GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non-deprecated GtkToolbar A
PI is not allowed
self.wTree = gtk.glade.XML(self.gladefile)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./rdesktop.py", line 466, in <module>
handle = rdesktop()
File "./rdesktop.py", line 205, in __init__
self.load_profile("", "", "", "/apps/rdesktop/prof"+load_prof)
File "./rdesktop.py", line 441, in load_profile
self.name.set_text(self.client.get_string(profile + "/name"))
TypeError: GtkEntry.set_text() argument 1 must be string, not None

It seems like some library is corrupt. I try to uninstall/reinstall pyrdesktop (and even python launcher) many times to no avail.
I can still run rdesktop-cli fine from console. So this must be a problem with the pyrdesktop front end. Would someone please help ? I am running diablo version 4.2008.30-2. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Hmm... I thought I fixed that bug... I'll try to get a new version of pyrdesktop in extras later today with a real fix later today. What version of pyrdeskop are you currently running? As a temporary fix, open xterm and type in
Code:
gconftool -u /apps/rdesktop/load_prof
and hit enter.
I've run into the same problem that seems to have afflicted a few users here - namely whereby pyrdesktop doesn't load anymore after you delete some old profiles.

I've quoted some posts above which suggest that there's a solution but it seems to be escaping me.

Typing
Code:
gconftool -u /apps/rdesktop/load_prof
in xterm seems to have no effect. What is it supposed to do?

guiltig's post seems to suggest that pyrdesktop is trying to pick up a deleted profile. Is there a way via the command line to specify a profile that pyrdesktop will pick up?

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

I'm using :
Code:
pyrdesktop Version 1.5.0-6
rdesktop_cli Version 1.6.3-maemo2
OS 2008 (5.2008.43-7)

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Hmm... the gconftool line should unset the setting that tells pyrdesktop which profile to load by default, causing it to not load any profile. Since that doesn't fix the problem, it seems you're having a different issue. Can you run
Code:
python2.5 /usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py
from xterm and post the output?

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Running that command in Xterm gives the following:

Code:
~ $ python2.5 /usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py
python2.5[3543]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - unknown property `program_name' for class `GtkAboutDialog'
python2.5[3543]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - could not convert string to type `GStrv' for property `authors'
/usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py:134: GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non-deprecated GtkToolbar API is not allowed
self.wTree = gtk.glade.XML(self.gladefile)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py", line 466, in <module>
handle = rdesktop()
File "/usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py", line 205, in __init__
self.load_profile("", "", "", "/apps/rdesktop/prof"+load_prof)
File "/usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py", line 441, in load_profile
self.name.set_text(self.client.get_string(profile + "/name"))
TypeError: GtkEntry.set_text() argument 1 must be string, not None
~ $
As that's the same output as reported upthread by others I assumed it was the same problem.

Is there a way to check if the
Code:
 gconftool - u /apps/rdesktop/load_pref
was run correctly? e.g. a more verbose version of that command?
When I ran it I was just returned to the command line with no indication of failure or success.

Last edited by Fionn; 2009-04-24 at 01:04.

Tags
diablo, gui, rdesktop