I posted this in another thread, too, but it bears repeating:

Thanks so VERY much for making the classic interface a display option!!

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Not to mention they took the Dark hacker look, and made it into a corporate drone.
Bah. IBM, Apple, ...

Orange is simply the new main colour for the theme, and has been for N810WME as well. It is part of the identity. You could combine it with black background white foreground or the other way around. To incorporate the theme better with the rest of maemo.org white (grey rather) background with black foreground makes a lot of sense.

Not everyone is less here becaue of new theme. Liking or disliking a new interface does not mean the user finds the new interface better or worse; so is not a reference to quality. Coming less than with the old interface is not necessarily a good or bad thing either. So lets not draw quick conclusions from polls.

Personally, I think the new interface is very good, but it will take me some time to get used to. I'm also less here because 1) I have less free time 2) I gave away my N810 (replaced by Nokia E71 & Apple ipod touch 2nd gen) 3) I'm patiently waiting for a new Maemo based device from Nokia!

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
It was as I predicted though, the two classic themes became options and the issue was solved.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
It was as I predicted though, the two classic themes became options and the issue was solved.
True enough. Now that we have the options, I want to again thank Reggie not just for [re]creating the options, but for the work he did on the new default theme. Now that he's made the orange darker and some of the blank space has been taken out (and I'm not confined to the default theme), I like it, and it has some real advantages. In fact, on the PC (although not on the Tablet), I primarily use (by choice!) the default theme.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
True enough. Now that we have the options, I want to again thank Reggie not just for [re]creating the options, but for the work he did on the new default theme. Now that he's made the orange darker and some of the blank space has been taken out (and I'm not confined to the default theme), I like it, and it has some real advantages. In fact, on the PC (although not on the Tablet), I primarily use (by choice!) the default theme.

Back in Black
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
i like the active topics sidebar. this is now much better than itt.

The Following User Says Thank You to debudebu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debudebu View Post
i like the active topics sidebar. this is now much better than itt.
I personally don't use that at all, but I wish there was a front page to talk, similar to ITT, where the posts all fit on one screen.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
I personally don't use that at all, but I wish there was a front page to talk, similar to ITT, where the posts all fit on one screen.
You mean like this? For now, it still works.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
You mean like this? For now, it still works.
Yes, I still use it everyday, I am scared though I don't think it will be around long.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Yes, I still use it everyday, I am scared though I don't think it will be around long.
I'd like it to stick around, too. I like it also. (Well, I could do without the slow-loading of Reggie's blog with all the photos; I always thought those should have been just links to blog subjects in order to speed the thing up.)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-05-12 at 21:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post: