Active Topics

Poll: Will you buy the Nokia N900?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Nokia N900?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
I...by the time we see bigger cards and acceptable price it'll be 3+ years and you'll want a new phone by then... Technologie just keeps running ahead of anything you buy!
Ain't that the truth. Sure, the next generation of hardware/software will be better. It (almost) always is. There's always something better just around the corner. Jeez...the N900 will be very good, state-of-the-art. It's so new we don't even have it yet, much less the next generation after that.

Sometimes I just feel I'd rather use something very good now instead of dreaming about using something even better later and so have neither one in my hands and miss out on the fun. I could get hit by a truck tomorrow too. So I placed an order as soon as the N900 was available.

Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
. I could get hit by a truck tomorrow too.
Well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine today?

im not buying because my current phone is doing me just fine (x1a). i would of bought this phone about a year ago before i bought my x1a. this phone (n900) is a year late for me and in a sense old hardware technology compared to my current phone.
i just revived/pulled out my old n770 and started to use it again.

Last edited by c_legaspi; 2009-09-13 at 21:49.

Originally Posted by slha89 View Post
If I can't get N900 cheaper than 699,-, I'll wait for "N910" to have SDXC card support and Maemo 6.
It's like buying now a notebook without Express Card to upgrade to USB 3.0. I can't replace every year a phone and a notebook to sell it for half the price, because I need more space and/or faster ports.
With USB 3.0 und SDXC at the door, it's imho a bad time to buy something without this items. Look back SD -> SDHC and USB 1.1 -> 2.0
Yeah... I don't think SDXC is going be present in phones anytime soon if ever. The general market trend seems to be going towards smaller cards such as the smaller SD cards. Disappointing considering my n800 currently carries 2 16 GB SDHC cards and I was hoping to just bring that to my next device..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I currently have a T-Mobile G1.
I am not sure if I want to jump the gun and get this device, but it sure looks amazing with the specs. I have heard that it will work with T-Mobile 3G bands if I get the phone unlocked. Can I stay with the current G1 Data Plan or is there a different plan that I would get? Will my current SIM card be able to used in the device? If I were to get the device and not to like it, is there a refund thing that I can do?
Thank you for your time.

Originally Posted by remister View Post
I currently have a T-Mobile G1.
I am not sure if I want to jump the gun and get this device, but it sure looks amazing with the specs. I have heard that it will work with T-Mobile 3G bands if I get the phone unlocked. Can I stay with the current G1 Data Plan or is there a different plan that I would get? Will my current SIM card be able to used in the device? If I were to get the device and not to like it, is there a refund thing that I can do?
Thank you for your time.
I'm pretty sure the G1 plan is specific to the G1..though you should be able to switch to the 'normal' data plan (I don't know what, if any, complications being under contract for said G1 might cause).

I've signed up with T-mobile in preparation for the N900. I just got the "normal" unlimited data/messenging plan for non-smart-phones ($20 add-on per line on the family plan I have). I have full confidence that I'm good to go once my N900 arrives and pop in the sim (currently residing in my n95).

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
...I have heard that it will work with T-Mobile 3G bands if I get the phone unlocked.
It will, absolutely.

Can I stay with the current G1 Data Plan or is there a different plan that I would get?
I had the G1 plan, switched it over to the Android data plan a while back because...well, I can't remember exactly why now, but there was no change in price or service. Basically, the G1-specific plans are just being phased out. When I get my N900 all I have to do is call 611 and tell them. They do some kinda click-click reconfiguration and I'll be on a data plan for unlocked phones. Still no change in price or service and no waiting. The change happens in seconds and I'll be good to go.

Will my current SIM card be able to used in the device?
Yes.

If I were to get the device and not to like it, is there a refund thing that I can do?
You'll have to contact Nokia USA about that.

Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
It will, absolutely.

When I get my N900 all I have to do is call 611 and tell them. They do some kinda click-click reconfiguration and I'll be on a data plan for unlocked phones. Still no change in price or service and no waiting. The change happens in seconds and I'll be good to go.
Since the my plan has unlimited texting with the plan, will it be carried over to the unlocked phones data plan?

Since the my plan has unlimited texting with the plan, will it be carried over to the unlocked phones data plan?
Yes. I'm told nothing changes about the plan or price. They only have to do a minor reconfiguration on their end.

So after I change the data service. And I wanted to use my G1 for something, I will be able to use my G1 right?

Tags
interest, n900, poll