Notices

Awesome, Marko! Been waiting for a more optimized version!

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Marko_StelN9 View Post
@ Fuzzillogic: I really have no idea, why you get this. I just tried downloading with N9's default browser and installing; it seems to work just fine here. Try to check the md5sum of your deb. It should be 51d4223fe51210a1c146113e91f2bad0
Good call, the file was corrupted. Must have happened when I moved it to the N9 by bluetooth, as the file I had downloaded was correct. Weird, never had issues with BT transfers before.

It's working nicely now. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the app!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Note that, as you zoom in, the filtering increases.
I should have realised. So thats why the jitter (it wasn't bad anyway) felt quite constant across the zoom levels and didn't get noticeably amplified by narrowing FOV. Filtering is doing it's work.

[EDIT] Now that I've used Stellarium-N9 bit more I'm coinvinced that the filtering actually works very well. One can even zoom up to Saturn's moons without losing track of them and lag doesn't seem to prevent finely adjusting the view. Maybe on the first try my hands were just shaking from the excitement of trying this wonderful app.

(Also removed the ugly icon attachment from this post as the new ones few posts down are somewhat better)

Last edited by ladoga; 2012-12-17 at 17:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Any harmattan style icon of that?

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
No more crashes. And everything is fine with recent version

The Following User Says Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Any harmattan style icon of that?
Maybe these are more Harmattan style...
Attached Images

Last edited by ladoga; 2012-12-15 at 11:00.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Well aware. Unfortunately, this port lacks any user interface adaptation, it is essentially the desktop version complied for Harmattan, with added GPS positioning. StellariumN9, on the other hand, has a redesigned QML user interface and some extra stuff such as pinch-zoom and free look based on magnetometer/accelerometer.
Great.

Are you working with upstream stellarium and/or stellarium android port, maybe you can share some code.
https://code.launchpad.net/~brady.br...m/android-port

The Following User Says Thank You to dietyyli For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Maybe these are more Harmattan style...
I'll one of these for the next release. Thanks.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Many thanks for porting this great app and congratulations for the UX!

BTW, I noticed a slight battery drain even when the app remains closed.

Another point to mention, the city of Geneva (Switzerland) is not in the list. The Windows version has 2 Geneva cities.

Happily donated

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Thanks. If you have Free look on, the battery drain may be due to sensors not shuting down when app is in the background. I'll try to fix this in the upcoming release.

The city list is taken from upstream Stellarium (0.11.4) without modifications. You should find Geneva in the list, I have it listed here as Genève, Switzerland. Try searching Switz and then scrolling down.

Happy holiday season

Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Many thanks for porting this great app and congratulations for the UX!

BTW, I noticed a slight battery drain even when the app remains closed.

Another point to mention, the city of Geneva (Switzerland) is not in the list. The Windows version has 2 Geneva cities.

Happily donated