Notices

Originally Posted by twy213 View Post
yandex works when you apply the patch from the previous posts. Just dont accept the mappero update because it will roll auto-back the patch. The patch changes yandex to geotags which does work.

UOTE=lartza;1259571]Haven't worked for some time,

Code:
#define YANDEX_ROUTER_URL \
    "http://mm-proxy.appspot.com/yaroute?from=%s&to=%s&traffic=%d"
App at that url returns always empty data
[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. I thought I managed to hold back package maemo-mapper but it seems the update crept in anyway. Thanks for clarification.

I tried to downlad the .deb provided by lartza, but the file I got has only 4kb, so something is not right.

Could someone please send me a copy of it, it would be appreciated. also some detail instruction for applying the changes would also be helpful.

cheers,

The file is 600kb and exceeds the forum's upload max of 488kb. Just click on lartza's link and you should be able to save the file to your device. I'm using Opera which will save the file to the Image folder.

@twy213, thx, I have managed to download it using my desktop PC.

In terms of getting the route, after installing, do I switch the 'map repository' to Yandex and then put in the src and destination to get the desired route and then save it to a file. When it is time to use the route, I would switch the map back to google and then re-read the route from the saved file?

I would appreciate some instruction/step that I can go over before making the changes.

cheers

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
@twy213, thx, I have managed to download it using my desktop PC.

In terms of getting the route, after installing, do I switch the 'map repository' to Yandex and then put in the src and destination to get the desired route and then save it to a file. When it is time to use the route, I would switch the map back to google and then re-read the route from the saved file?

I would appreciate some instruction/step that I can go over before making the changes.

cheers
Switch to yandex and download your route. Then save the route to your Routes folder. You don't need to switch back to google, Yandex is now goetags and can be left untouched as geotags will get routes anywhere in the world.

The Following User Says Thank You to twy213 For This Useful Post:
Wondering if there is any documentation or posts regarding adding maps and/or layers to mappero. It would be pretty sweet to add the cloud layer and other weather related layers from the wunderground.com map in the same way that the google traffic layer is done. Tried looking at the settings, but not sure what all those data points refer to.

Adding layers and new map sources can be done in mappero in the maps section, but that function is broken atm. I didn't manage to edit the file it is stored in by hand, but using a /etc/hosts entry to link maemo.org to my pc and some tweaking of the apache web dir, I got a custom file via the sync mechanism (-> http://vcs.maemo.org/git/maemo-mappe...configurations) into mappero. I have no idea why the Google Label overlay isn't in there, but the url from the mappero map list is still working and may be distributed (again).

Well, I would to some bug-fixing myself, but I am unable to compile the deb from sources. It seems especially hard at the moment, as some dev sources aren't available because of the ongoing repository relocation. If anyone can help me in compiling that thing, I'm willing to work on it...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bzzz For This Useful Post:
Is mappero still being developed?

It is very fast comparing to other mapping applications on N900, except CloudGPS but this is lacking some necessary features such as track overlay.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by gsever100 View Post
Is mappero still being developed?

It is very fast comparing to other mapping applications on N900, except CloudGPS but this is lacking some necessary features such as track overlay.

Thanks.
No, it is not. But it works pretty wel nonetheless.

I am planning to take off for a long bike ride starting in about a month. A fast/reliable mapping app is almost a must for me. I downloaded map tiles manually for my approximate route within Mappero using Google Maps/Satellite and Terrain options to a quite detailed level. Offline mode is quite reliable so far. I need to get a couple extra batteries to keep the phone going. Not planning to record the whole trip, just use the phone as a navigation device.