Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
The only good thing about these threads is that I can more easily work out what users to put on ignore to reduce the amount of noise on the forum
If only there was a way to ignore their threads, also...

Originally Posted by schettj View Post
1.0 to 1.1, 4 months, no significant new features.
1.0 to 1.1.5, 13 months, no significant new features - still no video, no MMS

1.0 to 3.0 - 2 years to add Cut & Paste, Video recording (only on NEW hardware), & MMS.

What was your point again?

This is the BS that really pisses me off about these whine fests.
My point was to answer another poster's question which was "Can you give us an example of update with NEW features in 4 months for N1/iPhone/etc "

Where did I claim the features were significant or that they contained X, Y or Z? I simply posted a link where everyone could see what, if any, updates there were to the iPhone. I guess posting a link now qualifies as 'BS' or 'whine fest'. I will be more careful in the future and not post anything here since it will clearly be BS.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Wow!

PR1.2 user manual leaked - http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...N900_UG_en.pdf

And page 59 - Internet Video Calls!

I like my N900.

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Wow!

PR1.2 user manual leaked - http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...N900_UG_en.pdf

And page 59 - Internet Video Calls!

I like my N900.
So after 4 months... Video calling. greaaat

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
OK, while you laughing, the simple question - where is an affordable phone with video calls on market?

I suspect you are a spy from XXII century...
Nokia 6120 Classic is the first one that comes to my mind: € 149,- without contract. Probably you'll find a cheaper one.
In fact, my last phone without video call was the Siemens M45 that I got in 2002 or so.

All other phones I've had since (no matter what brand) supported video calls, and none of them were high-end and expensive. (The mostexpensive one was €17 on contract, IIRC.)

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
So after 4 months... Video calling. greaaat
internet video calling. which other mobile provides that?

Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
internet video calling. which other mobile provides that?
err Symbian phones, iphone.. (using Fring/Skype).

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
err Symbian phones, iphone.. (using Fring/Skype).
Using native software? Because after all, if the n900 gets dinged for no native MMS but a functional third party MMS, then the iPhone should get dinged for no native video calling, right? Or do we use different criteria for each?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Using native software? Because after all, if the n900 gets dinged for no native MMS but a functional third party MMS, then the iPhone should get dinged for no native video calling, right? Or do we use different criteria for each?
What a ridiculously pernickety defensive post - demonstrates the attitude of a lot of people on this forum (on both sides).

I think all people care about is an easy to use function, who cares if its 3rd party.

Last edited by chrisp7; 2010-03-18 at 22:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
sygics turn byt turn did it for me, the phone is back on track, now i can use it as my main device

Tags
bye-bye losers, disappointment, hello freedom, n900 != phone, relax