Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
At this moment, who is left to write one?
Marc could do it. He started the whole thing. Or someone of the other cofounders.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Marc could do it. He started the whole thing. Or someone of the other cofounders.
This comes to mind Dave
Attached Images

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I already told you. You won't be given the dispute (chargeback). Since Indiegogo is a third party.
Similar to when you use booking.com.
Its all in their terms.
You will have to rely on the goodwill of the agent, or Jolla.

Jolla->Indiegogo->you
Airline->booking.com>you

But. We will see.
What if you have a receipt from jolla store which I have since I got the combo and jolla has only delivered half?

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/do..._report_en.pdf

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-23 at 19:37.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Need for a Lastu case, of course not. I wonder what will happen to them all now? Jolla will be dragging Lastu's name down with them.
Actually, they will not; not exactly. The Lastucase purchase via IGG is separate from the ones being sold on the Lastucase website.

I've received my Lastucase from the website August 19th. They delivered. Tying the ones in the IGG campaign and linking the shipment of the tablet is the problem - Lastucase can manufacture the covers/cases without issue.

It's pretty clean cut to me. If money went to Lastucase, they could send the cases out. They will not be dragged down by this unfortunate consequence of being tied to the IGG campaign in my estimation.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What if you have a receipt from jolla store which I have since I got the combo and jolla has only delivered half?
Then you might have a chance of getting *some* back.
Of course, in the given situation, it may be that Jolla is simply not able to. Then your claim for charge back is put into the pot with every other kreditor. Leaving you very likely , again, with zero.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Actually, they will not; not exactly. The Lastucase purchase via IGG is separate from the ones being sold on the Lastucase website.

I've received my Lastucase from the website August 19th. They delivered. Tying the ones in the IGG campaign and linking the shipment of the tablet is the problem - Lastucase can manufacture the covers/cases without issue.

It's pretty clean cut to me. If money went to Lastucase, they could send the cases out. They will not be dragged down by this unfortunate consequence of being tied to the IGG campaign in my estimation.
They sent all cases to jolla and never got paid

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
My lastucase came in the same parcel as my tablet. Different packaging, but defintely shipped by Jolla.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
They sent all cases to jolla and never got paid
Do not take this as disrespect, but that's been proven? I hope that's not the case to be honest.

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
My lastucase came in the same parcel as my tablet. Different packaging, but defintely shipped by Jolla.
Gotcha. Now I know more... appreciate it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that as an IGG or KS backer, you basically have NO rights to claim? Just RTFM, or in this case read terms and conditions of IGG.
You are making a donation, and the founder of the campaign MAY give you a perk as reward if everything goes well.

Heck, nowadays most IGG campaigns are "flexible funding".
That means you pay even if the campaign target is not reached, i.e. there's (almost) no chance you'll ever get your perk.

Apart from that, I really do believe the people at Jolla were and are still trying to get on with getting that funding, delivering all tablets and going on with business. I can see no fraud here.

Open Communication about financial situation is a nice idea, but not very clever when doing real business. Making public statement “if we don't get new funding soon, we'll be bancrupt in 26 days” is not really clever while negotiating new funding with investor. Never.

As long as there's hope, you don't scream “we're doomed” all over the place. That's just STUPID.

Besides, everybody knew they are a startup, and also it was easy to see that selling some 10.000 phones was not enough for them to stay in business for the next fes years, i.e. they needed additional funding every year. Until a few days / weeks ago, they were hoping to get their new funding on time to not have any of the trouble we are currently seeing.

And I'm still hoping they will finish their financing round.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Do not take this as disrespect, but that's been proven? I hope that's not the case to be honest.

Gotcha. Now I know more... appreciate it.
I don't have detailed accounts or unpaid invoices )

but I have twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/lastucase

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund