Closed Thread
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Hi romu, welcome to the forums

The CSSU tweaks a file located in
Code:
usr/share/hildon-desktop/
called "transitions.ini"

However, if you are running from a custom transitions.ini file then that will be located in
Code:
usr/share/themes/<your-theme-name>/

So, in your case I would go for the following - make sure you have rootsh and leafpad installed from the repos;

Code:
sudo gainroot
cp /usr/share/themes/ubuntu/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs
mv /home/user/MyDocs/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs/transitions.ini.ubu
cp /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs
Use leafpad from terminal and have a look at the bottom of both files for something called "thp tweaks" and simply check that the files appear to be more or less the same. If you need help zip them both up and attach them here in the forum so that we can have a look for you.
Thanks Switch, so I checked and the thp_tweaks section is not in my ubuntu theme file, so I guess I have to copy/paste it to make it work, some results soon.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by swistaq View Post
Had to revert everuthing through MaeModder. Installed the CSSU and works great. Unfortunatelly I can't change the size of the icons on desktop through theme customizer. Any solution to that?
Wait for the relevant patches to be integrated into CSSU - hildon-home currently doesn't include all the modifications that were in the version packaged with Theme Customiser.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Hey MahammadAG,
Is it possible to some what fix the instability with Hildon-Home in the CSSU?
Hildon-home is very annoying, every 30hours to 50hours of uptime it becoming unstable and slowing up the system or even freeze.

Is there any chance of replacing hildon-home with the one that won't do that?
Are you sure that's not an issue with one of the widgets you're using? I've never seen any slowdown/instability with the CSSU hildon-home.

I also noticed some slow downs. Just to give an example: after the last update my phone was suddenly really fast. But that only lasted for two days. After that period I am restarting my n900 everyday to get some speed out of it. The slow downs can get very annoing: imagine that I cannot surf on the internet and update my email at the same time. This is only after 48 hours uptime. Another thing is that my desktop shows slow downs; when I press something, it doesn't immediatly respond.

The Following User Says Thank You to MetalSer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Just make a "Community SSU" Section in the forum, and within that section create Sticky Threads for each major section
I second the part of CSSU - It could be well worth - thinking that no more Maemo after Harmattan will appear on the horizon, to open under the section OS/Platform, a specific section called Maemo5/CSSU. The effort is really big and IMHO trying to involve all the community is the right road to go

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi all,
First message for me here, so be nice.

I own a N900 for few weeks, running PR1.3, overclocked at 900 MHz.
My current theme is Humanity (Ubuntu flavour) and I added CSSU community extensions yesterday.

Things seem to be installed as I clearly see the new animations. Very good. Also in the settings menu, I can interact with the CSSU transitions tuner, fine.

My current problem comes from the "CSSU Features Configurator", here is the stack of actions and messages:
1. Launch the app
-> "INFO The application found a settings file in the theme folder....will update..."
2. Tap
-> INFO: Reading the configuration from a theme folder...
3. Tap
-> Reading the configuration settings gave a FATAL ERROR while loading. Not all settings are available. Exiting.
4. Tap
-> It exits indeed

Here I am, is there any way to get a working state? Can this come from the theme used? Is there anything I can do to help dev team to fix something? (Not in dev, but I can make some tests).

Thanks.
Yes this is from the theme used. It has been made prior to the CSSU and it doesn't include the relevant options. Check first if there is an update available for your theme. Otherwise you can do the copy of the transitions.ini as explained earlier. Note that with the copy you'll lose all your customisations.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by amjadk View Post
just found new video for media player(QML entertainment) on MohammadAG`s twitter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSgTH8EP8mk
entertainment mode = awesome

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Are you sure that's not an issue with one of the widgets you're using? I've never seen any slowdown/instability with the CSSU hildon-home.
I got no Widget other than Media player, This problem is an old problem. It has been and always been there. If your device is on more than 2 days it will be start to playing up. Hildon-home starts to spike up the use of CPU and RAM and at some point it crashed the device as well.

I don't think you're the only one who never notice this symptom. Since 99.99% of all N900 users experienced it.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I got no Widget other than Media player, This problem is an old problem. It has been and always been there. If your device is on more than 2 days it will be start to playing up. Hildon-home starts to spike up the use of CPU and RAM and at some point it crashed the device as well.

I don't think you're the only one who never notice this symptom. Since 99.99% of all N900 users experienced it.
yeah it happens and it eats alot of battery, phone get hots too.

its really dangerous, and i am surprise nokia dropped support with such bug.
whatever, i will keep my n900 until i see a improved n900 with xenon flash on android.
by someone else, or nokia decided to accept the failure that it WP7

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Doesn't happen with me.
If it happens with hildon-home. Have you tried restarting hildon-home it?
Hmm on a note am using swap on my sdcard and not emmc

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade