Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Hi Scorpius, you said that Yappari 0.0.25 have multimedia messages bug that prevent Yappari connected to Whatsapp server until that offline multimedia messages expired.
Is it also make Yappari more often miss multimedia messages even if you already connected to Whatsapp server?
I have miss so many multimedia messages from my friends that was sent on a group, when I am pretty sure Yappari connected to Whatsapp server (Yappari status was "logged in")

Last edited by sLumPia; 2012-11-01 at 14:18.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Xananax View Post
I noticed that I need to be a "user of the current Whatsapp Java Port". Does this still stand?
No.Yappari last versions support registering, and even more, they support last whatsapp protocol update, and Java Port doesn't.

Originally Posted by sLumPia
Hi Scorpius, you said that Yappari 0.0.25 have multimedia messages bug that prevent Yappari connected to Whatsapp server until that offline multimedia messages expired.
Not exactly. It give a fail and closes for each image received when you are offline. After all fails, Yappari will work again normally.

Originally Posted by sLumPia
Is it also make Yappari more often miss multimedia messages even if you already connected to Whatsapp server?
I have miss so many multimedia messages from my friends that was sent on a group, when I am pretty sure Yappari connected to Whatsapp server (Yappari status was "logged in")
Yappari only suppports receiving images nowadays. If your friends sent you some other multimedia messages, you won't receive them.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
oops, I'm sorry. By multimedia messages I mean pictures.
I use the word multimedia message because Yappari use that term.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
I've also had this a few times. Most of the time my phone is locked but connected to the internet. Suddenly people in a group chat start messaging: "LOL that picture" or any other dumb reply. But at that moment I am not able to see the picture.

When the group chat is open and my phone is not locked I can receive the pictures just fine. But this is probably just build in so you won't be stuck when someone sends you an offline picture.

Hello,
I'm stuck on registering too.. and I'm feeling sad because I'd really like to use yappari.

Here is my log, and many thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari.log.txt (6.2 KB, 126 views)

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
The people that are getting crashes while registering please install CSSU and try again when you can (you have to wait for several minutes). All the logs uploaded here show that Yappari closed while waiting for the SMS. I want to discard an old Qt bug.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ united states
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
The people that are getting crashes while registering please install CSSU and try again when you can (you have to wait for several minutes). All the logs uploaded here show that Yappari closed while waiting for the SMS. I want to discard an old Qt bug.
Hi Scorpius

Thank u for awesome work. I see same issue after CSSU update in the log I've uploaded.
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari-log.txt (2.2 KB, 68 views)

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Hi @scorpius , i had a cell number registered for yappari ,now im trying to register a new one, but this error occured > XML error:not an xml response < i searched this thread for this error but could not find a clue or a solution or why this could happen and i even uninstalled then reinstalled the app but still not working
Edit : maybe this is the same problem as stated before by others, so sorry if im repeating what have been already said.

Last edited by baboo; 2012-11-01 at 20:48.

Hi Scorpius, I know this is not the best place to put this message, but I didn't know how to contact you otherwise.

One app that I develop was able to send msgs through whatsapp and allthought it is not its main functionality, it is urgent for me to fix that part of the code.

Could you please let me know if you would be willing to help me on that? And if so, please let me know a better place to chat.

Regards.

Hi Scorpius...

Friends find me and send me msgs... there phone numbers aren't in my phonebook... Can you implement the possibility to add their phone number after receiving a message? Is it possible?

thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp