Active Topics

I reckon this hwkb device will be available to everyone. The only caveat will be that in 1 year time when you are all a herpin' an' a derpin' about flash 13 and angrybirds season 37:even angrier, they will say "hey, it's a dev phone whadd'ya expect?"

i just hope device is avialible on launchpad
kindoff want to port 2 or all of my symbian qt programs which will have take advatage of hardware capabilities on it !!!

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I reckon this hwkb device will be available to everyone. The only caveat will be that in 1 year time when you are all a herpin' an' a derpin' about flash 13 and angrybirds season 37:even angrier, they will say "hey, it's a dev phone whadd'ya expect?"
wasnt the n900 also mentioned as "some kind of dev phone"?

I just know that it wasnt nokias "official flagship phone", that was the N97/N97mini at that time...

so it would make sense to sell it via nokia web shop or even amazon, if they have produced enough of it

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by bhairav View Post
i just hope device is avialible on launchpad
kindoff want to port 2 or all of my symbian qt programs which will have take advatage of hardware capabilities on it !!!
what is launchpad?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orlando, FL
I was thinking, and I'm wondering how Nokia would market the device(s). I don't know if they will be releasing one or two or ten for all I care Harmatten/Meego devices. Will the UI/UX be that different enough for them to market on that by itself? Wasn't a big part of the reasoning for adopting WinPhone over Android that it would be too hard for them differentiate in an already crowded market? Both devices (I don't want to say developer and consumer version since I don't know WTF Nokia is thinking) are supposed to be running the same software right? I can see them using the keyboard as a marketing point, but what about the slate? A majority of the Android devices have very similar aesthetics, so how will they differentiate among other touch only devices? I live in the U.S. so we have zero Nokia marketing, so my only exposure is to video's that are posted here. How do you guys think they will try to promote either/both devices?

Its what it says it launches your career into high gear
http://www.forum.nokia.com/Developer...aunchpad.xhtml

its quite good

The Following User Says Thank You to bhairav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
ignore user: best tmo feature.

There are so much posts in this thread that I don't really feel I need to read the aggressive ones.

Anyway, there are interesting times ahead!

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
i love this UI. nothing like it haha
HOw does it compare to iphone4, the current yardstick for smooth UI

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
good riddance
Are you that hungry for information that you are willing to alienate everybody just to satisfy your own needs whilst sounding like an unnecessarily angry person that's unwilling to listen and learn more?

Sure you don't believe the two folks with devices. Or with connections. Want the truth? Wait. It's around the corner. If they're wrong, rub it in their faces.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
I've now emailed STE to clarify this. I've asked them if the U8500 is EOL and if so is the U9500 its replacement. I promise that I'll post the answer in this thread, if I get an answer. Nokia's device will of course have the U8500 as those chips would've been ordered months ago, before U9500 was released.
U9500 is a newer generation but probably not as far in development stage as U8500. They are from somewhat different generations and hence will overlap in time.

I was just objecting to the term EOL since the devices using U8500 have not even been announced yet therefore I think that it is a bit premature to call that platform EOL But hopefully we will start seeing device announcements with this platform soon.

EDIT: btw, U8500 supports 14Mbps HSDPA whereas U9500 supports 21Mbps HSDPA.

Last edited by generationally; 2011-05-22 at 16:48.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland