Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I allways thought, that everbody here in TMO and who have ordered the Jolla phone, knows exactly that the phone won't be perfect (art least at the beginning) and that there will be missing features.
We know no product is perfect from beginning.
Still we can complain about missing features which are essential to all or some of us. And to this extend this was not known.
Why do you (and others) write about *whining*. This is simply immature and not true at all.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
To bring this back onto topic.

Location settings. Given the drain this has on the battery it would be good if it could be added as a toggle on the front page of settings, like Bluetooth and WLAN ect. Currently once added it just takes you to the setting page where the only option is to turn it off anyway.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post

Location settings. Given the drain this has on the battery it would be good if it could be added as a toggle on the front page of settings, like Bluetooth and WLAN ect. Currently once added it just takes you to the setting page where the only option is to turn it off anyway.
You can add the actual on/off toggle to favourites

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
You can add the actual on/off toggle to favourites
Well thank you very much. I did not think to try that.

Problem solved and knowledge added to.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Most of the visible drain was caused by it not always turning off correctly, which AFAIR has been fixed.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK

I'm puzzled why it's an 'on all the time' or 'off all the time' setting.

It's great that we can switch location services off entirely but would rather the 'on' setting meant that it powered up and down when asked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I'm puzzled why it's an 'on all the time' or 'off all the time' setting.

It's great that we can switch location services off entirely but would rather the 'on' setting meant that it powered up and down when asked.
I'm also wondering. On the N9 GPS was only active if using maps, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Criticism and disagreements are perfectly fine. Those have been happening here for years. Personal attacks and insults are not okay. Nobody here is a fanboy of anything but this community. Jolla is to a certain degree a product of this community but it is also a commercial product that some of us have paid good money for and we rightly expect certain things to work the way we need them to. We have every right to harshly criticise them when they don't live up to the philosophy and standards that we expect them to uphold. That's a given.

Childish insults that only result in alienating and silencing some of the most enthusiastic community members won't get us anywhere.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by att View Post
I can see the flaws on the Jolla but that doesn't mean there isn't also something good at it.
Agree...

There are aspects to it that are very good... and I just can't seem to get enough of doing this all day:

(My Jolla playing audio / video streams shot with 808 to prove a point on some Android minded forum)

Last edited by ste-phan; 2013-12-20 at 14:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
- (might have not found it yet) lack of copy & paste

- double tapping the screen to work with the Jolla always ends up on the start screen. I'd prefer to see the last screen I was working with.
- I'm with those that want to see connections/battery percentage on the first screen, no need to pul the info up from the bottom for that.

- with a missed call/new email on the 1st/main screen I can't simply tap it to go open up that missed one. Have to swipe to the app and open it to see details.
The copy paste works when you are writing something yourself. You just "paint" the text you want and that is copied to the clipboard. You can use the Paste icon (the one next to the suggested words) to paste your text. No opportunity to clean the clipboard ATM, althought you can just replace the copied text with a new one.

Agree with the next two, the first I miss from N9. Not sure how it would fit the logic of Jolla, though.

You can swipe open the feed screen to see more of the notifications and to access them. (Not sure if you meant just that.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience