Active Topics

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
NOKIA will hit $5 by the end of october. I think the fact that iphone 5 doesnt look that much different, and Samsung reputation as a cheap copycat, NOKIA will find an opening.

Samsung doesn't have that reputation.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
NOKIA will hit $5 by the end of october. I think the fact that iphone 5 doesnt look that much different, and Samsung reputation as a cheap copycat, NOKIA will find an opening.
Not only do they not have that reputation, a judge got so sick of Apple repeatedly casting lawsuits hoping SOMETHING would stick that he even made them have to point out that they're not copying and not guilty.

As usual, Lumiaman, just because you say it is so.. does not make it so.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
There must be some rumor that Nokia will buy Jolla or else why the **** the Nokia stock go upward?

NOKIA increased its cash reserves, and expectations of
WP8 are high, hence speculative rise in Stock prices. As I said before, stock prices are a gamble. They do not reflect the future.

The climb continues this morning:

NOK1V, Helsinki, Euros.

Can anyone confirm that NOK would have just about broken even last quarter if they didn't pay out their dividend? If that's true, then won't the next few quarters mean NOK is fairly safe to break even?

Interestingly, I believe, there has been quite a few Nokia insider buys filed yesterday (July 30th)

Risto Siilasmaa purchased 333,000 shares on July 30th and currently holds 732,592 shares of the company. Mr. Siilasmaa is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nokia Corporation.

Bruce Brown purchased 22,000 shares on July 30th and currently holds 42,850 shares of the company. Mr. Brown has been Board member since May 3, 2012.

Helge Lund purchased 17,000 shares on July 30th and currently holds 46,596 shares of the company. Mr. Lund has been Board member since May 3, 2011.

Mårten Mickos purchased 67,500 shares on July 30th and currently holds 88,350 shares of the company. Mr. Mickos has been Board member since May 3, 2012.

Kari Stadigh purchased 170,404 shares on July 30th and currently holds 400,000 shares of the company. Mr. Stadigh has been Board member since May 3, 2011.

Stephen Elop purchased 275,000 shares on July 27th and currently holds 425,000 shares of the company. Mr. Elop is President and CEO of Nokia Corporation.

Henning Kagermann purchased 136,060 shares on July 27th and currently holds 187,977 shares of the company. Henning Kagermann serves as Director of the company.
Make of that what you will

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Interestingly, I believe, there has been quite a few Nokia insider buys filed yesterday (July 30th)

Make of that what you will
Add that to this story which came out yesterday: "Nokia Sweetens Stock Plan to Retain Key Talent":
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...854053168.html

Hmm time to buy more NOK? But ****, it's already 8% of my portfolio.

Originally Posted by stealthology View Post
Can anyone confirm that NOK would have just about broken even last quarter if they didn't pay out their dividend? If that's true, then won't the next few quarters mean NOK is fairly safe to break even?
They paid more than 700M euros in dividend. With the cash they have today, they may last 4-5 years. Maybe it's about time for the community here to wake up? Just a simple question. Life in the utter darkness must be boring after a year or two, no?

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen