Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Failed? They delivered, I know it is hard to tell the difference. You really have a bone it seems. If they fail and close shop will you post: Haha! Finally, told you guise! What's it to ya really?
They announced delay, fail in your book. Now they don't have review devices, again fail guise??? They will dish out review tablets when ready, probably soon(tm), don't think you are the concerned backer, so what? They don't owe you anything, people who count on good tablet and invested don't seem to share your rush needs/wants, but they wish them well

edit: and to be clear, I paid, and don't need nor ask for rush, can wait longer for better product, no idea where this: money paid, now rush, you my slaves now, did you ever back anything? does not seem like it, crowdfunding is not a shop, it is for making something you want to have a chance to happen, no rush, no angry customer relationship, I DEMAND review copies yesterday

Last edited by szopin; 2015-06-10 at 18:11.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
The thing is.....................................

There is no Jolla Tablet

Not yet, it's being created, what's your point?

edit: unless you meant the 'they delivered' from my post, it was referring to:
and maybe they already failed once with sudden hw changes and delay with deliver for preorders?
Seeing how they delivered the phone (and on time, preorders getting normal/random delivery order for me is not fail, hiccup at worst) I believe my assertion is true, yes, they still have to deliver the tablet, that is indeed a fact, as of this date, there is no jolla tablet (at least not on my lap)

Last edited by szopin; 2015-06-10 at 19:21.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@szopin,

If anything, it is you suffering with cognitive dissonance (also known as selective perception of reality). This thread is about the tablet and in that context, ZogG is right. Jolla has failed more than once: the promised and later recalled SDXC support, restarted campaign with changed rules, numerous delays, absolutely appalling level of communication... Citing a single successful story from two years ago that is not even related to the topic of this thread is not going to change the hard data: they have yet to deliver.

I do not consider any of those a catastrophic failure and, unlike one poster before me, I am confident that they will deliver eventually. But only a really die-hard fan detached from reality can call it a resounding success.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Citing a single successful story from two years ago that is not even related to the topic of this thread is not going to change the hard data: they have yet to deliver.
Yes they have to deliver, noone disagrees, yet calling delivering the phone a failure is just plain abuse of language.

I do not consider any of those a catastrophic failure and, unlike one poster before me, I am confident that they will deliver eventually. But only a really die-hard fan detached from reality can call it a resounding success.
Have they missed their moved (yes, noone disagrees again) timeline/deadline? Where am I calling it success?
Really, read the original Zogg's post again:

The question is if you have good product, why don't you want to get reviews? Especially they were happy to get some award of best tablet or product when they showed the tablet.
Assuming they already have the tablet and just keep it from us, to make soon(tm) better trademark? Noone is saying 'we have good product', but this is what he (not at all invested in the crowdfunding, yet pretending to be somehow angry about his expectations???) tries to argue, if you think in good faith, your call. It's like android fanbois coming to apple subreddit (and vice versa) and baiting for flamewar, or it's just me and Zogg is really awaiting jolla tablet so hard/much

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
There is no Jolla Tablet
s/Jolla Tablet/spoon

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
That's OK if there is no tablet. Having the dream was worth the price.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
While its not really useful and jolla continuing the fact that they still owes us the promised screen blog posts you can watch some ugly and beautiful pictures...

https://blog.jolla.com/peek-ambience-pic-picks/

We also just reached 130 buyers. Let's party...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-06-13 at 18:06.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Not yet, it's being created, what's your point?

edit: unless you meant the 'they delivered' from my post, it was referring to:

Seeing how they delivered the phone (and on time, preorders getting normal/random delivery order for me is not fail, hiccup at worst) I believe my assertion is true, yes, they still have to deliver the tablet, that is indeed a fact, as of this date, there is no jolla tablet (at least not on my lap)
They delivered the phone with delays, when people from first wave preorder got phones later than people could buy in shop, especially when they did not provide any info about this (they basically knew that it would happen) before people started to complain — it's failure to deliver properly and not hiccups.

Now i know that you all say it's crowdsfunding and delays can happen and they do not own us anything, but it's not true.
It's not donation or project without dates. And yes i can understand that there was delay and they told about it ahead and it's all good. But they decided to tell that they changed the screen for better one while I'm still not sure if there is screen to replace the original one, which is not nice thing (to delay because of problems is ok, but telling PR lies is not).
As well telling that there is delay ahead can be good only if there are updates or at least any info that follows, but for now passed moth and half and no info, people are not sure if they'll get it this month, next or maybe even September/August. And if there are hw problems or other problems, it can be understandable buy people if the info is shared(i do not ask for details, but at least some update like "we have hw problems with X and we can delay to 2 months, we'll update you as soon as we get info" followed by "we got new hw, but we need to change some OS parts coz of it and it would take minimum month"). But currently some company asked for money for product, they failed to deliver and there is no update, why, when it will be available or if it will be available. As well as it's maybe secret of what hw parts were changed but at the end you'll get tablet and you'll know what parts were replaced vs original specs, so no idea what and why to hide(i can accept explanation to this as well).
They had lack of communication and problems with that from 1st day, a lot of people got angry and tried to explain to them (including me, and even few blog posts, tweets, irc msgs got replies) and even if they had improved over time by giving more information, they still lack of giving important info and the info they provide is cherry-picked and sometimes is just PR with no actual info.
So they can use #poweredbypeople or whatever hash tag they use on twitter as much as they want, but if they do not provide at least what to expect for person who paid money for product after deadline, it's not acceptable.
It's like they think "deadline is passed anyway, no need to tell them when, they already did not get it in time anyway :P "

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
They delivered the phone with delays, when people from first wave preorder got phones later than people could buy in shop, especially when they did not provide any info about this (they basically knew that it would happen) before people started to complain — it's failure to deliver properly and not hiccups.
They promised 2013 and delivered phones in 2013. Look at tizen, look at ubuntu, look at FF, they all had backing of much bigger companies and what? 2 years late hiccups lol Point your fingers somewhere else

yada yada yada yada... for person who paid money for product
You still pretending to be an angry customer? lol

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund