Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
It works on my machine (thats how I develop/test it).
If you get an error like that, this means that you have some missing packages. Check with Google which packages you have to install.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
It works on my machine (thats how I develop/test it).
If you get an error like that, this means that you have some missing packages. Check with Google which packages you have to install.
Yes, you were quite right!

the python D-Bus package was missing. It works like a charm!

Thanks for your help!

Hi all

It might be that I forgot a decency when i packed SleepAnalyser.
As it sais it misses "python2.5-qt4-common", you can try to fix it with installing that package manually.
Just execute "apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common" in the terminal as root. The package is in the extras repository, so it should work fine.
Please let me know if it helps, I then will fix the package.
Didn't work for me. There ist still the same error message ("missing packages") when trying to install Sleepanalyser. I believe littlewolf/Steve is onto something with his remark about PR 1.3 and Maemo 4.7.5.

I found the following:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11516

The Comment#1 is closely resembling your suggestion, but actually refers to specifically installing version 4.7.4. Haven't tried this myself yet, though.

Hi caco3,

I've tried getting python2.5-qt4-common but every time I do it gets version 4.7.5
SleepAnalyser seems to have a dependancy on 4.7.4 - as do several other apps I've been trying to get back working.

from this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=57047&page=3

it sounds like Extras-Testing used to have 4.7.5 and Extras had 4.7.4, and getting the Extras Testing version could screw things up Unfortunately it looks like Extras now has been upgraded to 4.7.5 - and thus again seems to break certain apps.
Afraid that while the writer in that other thread makes sense, I have no idea whether he's correct or not, as I have no knowledge of this stuff, but since I like this app so much I'm desperately trying to find ways to make it work so have been trawling other threads to see what I can find.

Thanks for you help, and the great app!

ok - tried what was suggested in that bug report. Like I said before - I'm not knowledgable with any of this, but I copied what was suggested:
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common=4.7.4-maemo0

this got the correct version of python in place.
Because I as already in x terminal I tried installing from there. Installed no problem, but when I went to open it, the icon was just a blue square. And when I tried to open it it failed to launch - no errors just started to open - Sleep Analyser in the top of the screen with the hourglass type progress thing going round and then gone...nothing....
So I removed it and tried installing via app manager. This time correct icon - but the rest of the symptoms the same....
so another night of unanalysed sleep....

I'm getting the same problem

"Application packages missing: python2.5-qt4-common (= 4.7.4-maemo0)"

I just wanna try out the app!

hi all
On monday I will have time to have a look on it and upload a new version into testing.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Please try the new package 1.6-54 in Extras-Testing.
I hope i fixed the depencies.
Please let me know if it works now.
and more...

Last edited by caco3; 2010-11-08 at 17:01.

Please try the new package 1.6-54 in Extras-Testing.
I hope i fixed the depencies.
Please let me know if it works now.
Nope, unfortunately still the same error message as before with this version: "Application packages missing: python2.5-qt4-common (= 4.7.4-maemo0)"

did you uninstall sleepanalyser first?
and is the error then gone?
before you reinstall it, see what "apt-get install -f" sais.
According to http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...alyser/1.6-54/ it should be dependent on python2.5-qt4-common 4.7.5-maemo1
and more...